.....RIP trans.......

Marcus18

well I was heading to church today and my trans decided it wasn't going to live another day. all I had was first and alittle of the other gears. 0-60 in 3 minutes. so I'll be swaping my 3800 trans in it for now. I'll have to shift with switches as it's the 4t60-e. I just have to figure out where to put the switches. oh well.

laters

marcus

ps: on my way home that honda didn't have a chance until my trans ran out of first gear and tried to shift. :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron it depends on whose been driving it. The tranny in the TGP I just bought has 175K on it, as does the turbo (to answer 2 q's at once) and they both are as tight as a mosquito's butt.

Aaron it depends on whose been driving it. The tranny in the TGP I just bought has 175K on it, as does the turbo (to answer 2 q's at once) and they both are as tight as a mosquito's butt.

Man that was good, I will have to use that one too (he said butt) :lol: And to say too that I know of a lot of high mileage to very high mileage TGP and TSTE owners who still have the original turbo, tranny and engine guts. I have about 6 TGP turbos here, and have seen several apart, even with the miles being nearly the same plus/minus 50k, some where very tight, some where toast and I mean turbine wheel coming apart, compressor wheel grinding into the compressor housing, bearings and shaft burnt and blue, etc, did not depend on the miles, just the care. Same for the tranny and engine, little care goes a long ways. Its not too hard to test a turbo, grab the compressor housing nut (when cooled off), lift it up and turn it some, if the compressor wheel hits the housing then bearings going, depending on how much it contacts the housing just how bad off it is. Now pull out and push in the compressor wheel nut, there can be some play and not be leaking oil, but too much and the compressor wheel will find the housing again, the turbine side is last as the forces are pushing things towards the compressor side.

Mosquito’s butt, can’t wait to use that one 8) .

Jeff M