Hey people, how are things? It has been a while ( 4 months I believe since I posted on the other board). I have a question that maybe somebody can clarify . My 89 Cutlass is spitting out a code 13 at least 3 times a day. I changed the oxygen sensor but code still appears. My brother in law gave me his hand held diagnostics tool to analyze all the sensor data as I am driving around. Let me tell you that this tool is great!. But anyway I know that the sensor is good and did a few more of the test in the factory shop manual and the only things that are left is the computer or an open in the circuit somewhere. Has anyone else had this much trouble with a code 13? I think it may be a computer, any suggestions? I am tired of my car running like crap, exhaust fumes getting me sick, and car running rich! Thanks for any advice.

Brian

Code 13 = open O2 Circuit. Since you already changed the sensor, I suggest looking at the wire between sensor and ECM. Also ensure there is no corrison or debris in the connector at the sensor.

I had this problem. Turned out that my O2 pigtail had found it's way over and snuggled up with the exhaust crossover. Can you say, crispy-fried connectors? I bought a new connector from tha parts store and spliced it on. Works like a charm!