Cup holders

Chinski

I've been toying with the idea of puttin a hole in the console right in front of the shifter and dropping in a single cup holder. But havent found a suitable cupholder to drop in there. Maybe I'll play with it tomarow.

my car has better cupholders for the backseat than it does the front (none) and the back ones aren't all too advanced either. actually wait come to think about it mine does have cupholders up front: they are two nickel-depth round indents on the inside of the glove box door. you have approx 4" of clearance till u hit the top of the glove box. good thinking GM! :roll:

The Cutlass has those useless indents too.

What exactly is the point of those? there's no WAY that can be for cups! Unless maybe when the car is not moving and parked on a level surface!

my '94 Cutty has the cupholder that folds out of the center console and slides back and forth to accomodate the different sizes of drinks I can get from Burger King :wink: However, when I bought the car, the front piece had obviously slid a little too far, to the point of where it breaks. I decided to go to the Oldsmobile dealership one day and see how much a new one was, then I shit my pants over the price and bought a bottle of super glue. They wanted ONE HUNDRED AND TEN DOLLARS FOR A MOLDED PIECE OF PLASTIC!! But the super glue was $1.99, and it's been fixed for 2 years :D

My '89 Regal has the cup-holder that flips out of the center armrest. Or rather, did have, since the flimsy piece of shit broke off some years ago.

It's in my box of Regal parts in the storeroom.

I'm new here but can certainly identify with the cup holder problem. I just recently purchased my first car a 94' GTP and go to put a cup of coffee in and notice no cups taller than about 4 inches will fit in the small holes positioned almost under the dash. What an afterthought. :?