;

Invasion1

i am looking for one as well ( bin looking for a couple of years now :o( )...

i plan to take mine apart in the spring and have a leather shop make a ne one up 'cause i can't stand the cracked vinyl anymore...

Firstoff... ya I'm a girl. So I'm sorry if this suggestion sounds like it comes from a girl.

I wanted to put a shifter boot on my auto shifter. Try finding something that will fit and looks good too. I'm still working on mine but here's what I did-

Go to Good Will and buy a nice black (or your preferred color) leather skirt. Around here you can't find leather in a fabric store, and even if you could your going to get alot more leather for your money, and IMO real stiff thick leather don't look as good as the softer leather that looks and feels more like shiney suade.

Then to measure how long you need your boot to be use a plastic shopping bag. Tape it to the top of the shifter a little above where the bottom of the shifter knob sits. Push the bottom of the bag thru your plastic plate thing on the center console. then with your shifter up as far as it goes (Park or 1st) tape the bag to the lower part of the plastic plate (the side where 2nd is). Then put the car into 2nd and tape the top of the bag the same way. Then run tape around the sides making sure there is enough slack on the bag to shift into all the gears. Now you can use the bag to cut and sew the leather to the size of the bag. (2 sided tape works well to check the fit before sewing it). On the bottom of the plastic plate you can run wire (I used a coat hanger) around the hole. then tuck the boot thru the wire to hold it in the square shape, but still be able to remove it for cleaning or you can gluw it in place with a hot glue gun or superglue.

Total cost is less then $20

I do not have mine finished yet, but like the way it's looking so far. If it would ever get above 10 degrees I'd be able to work on my car!

Firstoff... ya I'm a girl. So I'm sorry if this suggestion sounds like it comes from a girl.

I wanted to put a shifter boot on my auto shifter. Try finding something that will fit and looks good too. I'm still working on mine but here's what I did-

Go to Good Will and buy a nice black (or your preferred color) leather skirt. Around here you can't find leather in a fabric store, and even if you could your going to get alot more leather for your money, and IMO real stiff thick leather don't look as good as the softer leather that looks and feels more like shiney suade.

Then to measure how long you need your boot to be use a plastic shopping bag. Tape it to the top of the shifter a little above where the bottom of the shifter knob sits. Push the bottom of the bag thru your plastic plate thing on the center console. then with your shifter up as far as it goes (Park or 1st) tape the bag to the lower part of the plastic plate (the side where 2nd is). Then put the car into 2nd and tape the top of the bag the same way. Then run tape around the sides making sure there is enough slack on the bag to shift into all the gears. Now you can use the bag to cut and sew the leather to the size of the bag. (2 sided tape works well to check the fit before sewing it). On the bottom of the plastic plate you can run wire (I used a coat hanger) around the hole. then tuck the boot thru the wire to hold it in the square shape, but still be able to remove it for cleaning or you can gluw it in place with a hot glue gun or superglue.

Total cost is less then $20

I do not have mine finished yet, but like the way it's looking so far. If it would ever get above 10 degrees I'd be able to work on my car!

I wanna see pics when you finish it, I asked about an "auto shift boot" on here once and got flamed...I don't know why a lot of cars have them...even the old Fieros came with auto shift boots :?

hey MommyTaz022200,

you mean after we go to sally ann, buy ourselves a skirt, measure, cut, and stitch it together we will have a shifter boot ? :o)

now to me i think some of us fellas otta come up with a more elegent duct tape solution... after all "if women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy..."

i'm thinking if we take a partially filled ballon/baloon and duct tape it like paper mache then pop the ballon we will be all set with our new duct tape boot ?!