Shocking!

Hey All!

On sunday me and my bro installed a remote car starter on my mothers car. Everything works fine, but whenever I get out of the car after driving it I get a shock (like static electricity). It didn't do this before I installed the remote starter, so does anyone know what the problem might be? Not a good enough ground? bad connection somewhere??

Thanks for anything!!

You mean to say a live connection is comming into contact with a metal part of the car??

No, its not from rubbing on the seat. I never had a problem with it until AFTER I installed the remote starter.

You mean to say a live connection is comming into contact with a metal part of the car??

No, its not from rubbing on the seat. I never had a problem with it until AFTER I installed the remote starter.

but ya that would be the best explaination of power running threw car but then again i dont think there is enuff currnet to run threw the hole car to get to that point to shock you

If he had a loose connection, the battery would drain itself. AND, if the connection was somehow running current through the body of the car, you would defintiley feel a shock, and not a wussy static electricity shock

i always get a shock. Try holding the metal part of the door until you get out of the car. this will keep you grounded. you build up a charge from rubbing the seat with your ass when leaving the car.

The easiest way to stop getting shocked when you get out of your car is....

Buy some "static cling" spray in the laundry supply area of the store and spray it on your seat in your car every couple of weeks. I promise you it'll work!!!

You'd be surprised how much your butt wiggles around when you are driving, and if your heater is on then the car is extremely dry, and you'll create one hell of a static charge!!! I've actually seen an ARC before!!!