Auto Climate Control Diagnostics Mode???

WhiteOut

Okay, so there I am sitting in my car the other day playing with the auto climate control and trying to figure out how to switch the temp display from celcius to farenheit, it turns out if you depress both the temp control and fan control buttons for a couple of seconds it brings up some sort of diagnostic mode on the climate control display. The initial display shows 23 parameters that you can cyle through with the temp control knob, and by moving the fan control knob you can access the values for the selected parameter. Pretty cool...a bit primative compared to the display in my Toronado, but cool none the less. So, after learning this I took the car for a drive and the only obvious parameter I could pick out was number 13, which appears to be the vehicle's speed. Is there a list somewhere of what the other parameter's represent? Can codes be pulled in this fassion?

I think the auto climate control setup for a 93' is differant from whats in my 95' Cutlass, but from what I've seen its pretty similar to the unit in my old Toro, so you should be able to access a similar mode by holding the UP TEMPERATURE, and OFF buttons simultaneously for a couple seconds. But again, it doesn't do a whole lot of good unless someone can tell us what the codes mean.

Unfortunatly the car was just bought and then put in storage until spring... so I guess I won't be able to check it until then. It does have the Auto Climate Control with steering wheel controls though...

Alright this is what I have for a CJ2 unit out of the '97 '98 Grand Prix's w/dual climate. So I'm not sure if it'll apply.. you be the judge (A lot of these are incomplete, as I don't have this system to fiddle around with anymore)

Position / Description

-00 Error Codes

-01 Servo Position

-02 Servo Position

-03 Servo Position

-04 CJ2 Fan Speed

-05 Servo Position

-06 Servo Position

-07 Servo Position

-08 Servo Position

-09 Servo Position

-10 ? ? ?

-11 CJ2 Vent Mode

-12 Engine Coolant Temperature -60Degrees

-13 Actual Vehicle Speed - MPH

-14 Servo Position

-15 ? ? ?

-16 Radiator Low Fan Turn-on Temperature

-17 Radiator Low Fan Turn-off Temperature

-18 ? ? ?

-19 Servo Position

-20 (Affected by cabin temperature sensor)

-21 Servo Position

-22 Sunload Sensor

Error Codes ( A 2 digit code indicates a current fault. A 3 digit code indicates a historic fault)

00 No System Fault

01 or 101 Inside Air Temperature Sensor Short

02 or 102 Inside Air Temperature Sensor Open

03 or 103 Ambient Outside Temperature Sensor Short

04 or 104 Ambient Outside Temperature Sensor Open

05 or 105 LH Electric Actuator Open or Short

06 or 106 RH Electric Actuator Open or Short

07 or 107 UART Serial Data Line Fault

08 or 108 Solar Sensor Open

• 5 years later...

89-94 is "warm" and "Bilev"

I've been wondering if this would work on the pre-95 system forever! I'm looking forward to using the MPH one. Will this work in non-HUD cars? Just wondering because ATM there is no digital speed anything on the car...I'll test it tomorrow.

89-94 is "warm" and "Bilev"

I've been wondering if this would work on the pre-95 system forever! I'm looking forward to using the MPH one. Will this work in non-HUD cars? Just wondering because ATM there is no digital speed anything on the car...I'll test it tomorrow.

I don't think you'll be able to see mph but don't quote me.

• 2 weeks later...

when i hit warm and bilev it just turned on the heat mabey i need to put the key on acc.

you're pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously?

Yes. I tried it and it just started blasting heat on an 80 degree day. I tried a few times but was never sucessful in getting the system to enter diagnostic mode.