18incholdz

I have a 95' olds cutlass supreme with an automatic on the column...this winter i planned on converting the tranny to an automatic on the floor, but then i got to thinkin' and heres the question i got....would a manual transmission out of a lumina z34 fit into my car with some modifications?

You don't want that tranny. You can't get parts for it, not through GM, not through Getrag, nobody will sell parts for it. Damaged trannies must be replaced AS A UNIT.

If you want a 5-speed, use the HM-282 found in the 88-90 Grand Prix and 88-89 Cutlass Supreme. You CAN get parts for it.

I already planned on gettin a set of tenzo r racing seats and trying to find a console out of a grand prix or another cutlass, where would i be able to get one of the transmissions that you were talking about?

Good luck adding a clutch pedal as well. I would use the 282 as well, not because its "evil" like shawn thinks but because of the gearing. Its made for the 3.1 which means its decent for the 3100 as well.

It would be easier to swap your interior onto a 90 with the 5 speed and dropping your motor in.

Not on a 95 though. They have a bar welded across the bottom of the dash I believe. Im going by what has been said before. I just know its not the same as the 91-93 cars which you can see where the clutch pedal would go.

I am buying a 88 Cutlass International 2.8l 5spd manual this weekend for parts. That means I may have a manual trans for sale if I dont do the swap myself on my 89 Cutlass. If I were to sell it does anyone have any idea what it would be worth with the clutch pedal and cylinder and even the console... the complete conversion package. Thanks!