No hud wires

Lterin

I'm trying to find the pigtails for the hud and the switch for my 1996 pontiac grand prix se. Everyone has told me that there right behind the cubby for the dic but there just not there

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it’s under the dash pad and not the DIC?  That’s where I recall it being on the earlier model as anyway.  Factory harnesses that are not used  are usually ran to the spot they go to regardless.  I’d be surprised they left a long loop behind the DIC that would later need to be routed to the dash. From what I recall it’s clipped down up top.

3 hours ago, GTP091 said:

Maybe it’s under the dash pad and not the DIC?  That’s where I recall it being on the earlier model as anyway.  Factory harnesses that are not used  are usually ran to the spot they go to regardless.  I’d be surprised they left a long loop behind the DIC that would later need to be routed to the dash. From what I recall it’s clipped down up top.

I've torn the whole dash apart. It has different pigtail instead of the ones for hud and dic. They route to this plastic box and what looks like aluminum cooling fins. I've unplugged them all and they don't do anything. I'm trying to figure out what it is but there no info on alternative options that aren't the dic or hud

Well shit.  The SEs were definitely optioned for a hud so that’s weird.  If you’re going to abandon the project let me know I’ll buy your hud switch and hud if you’re no longer needing them now.   Otherwise I can post pictures of the hud wiring if you want to see about a DIY wire job.  I’m not sure how that all works or what’s involved though.