1995 pontiac grand prix se 3.1 liter

6thgengrandprix

Does anyone know the dimensions of the 3.1 v6's. I'm looking into motor swap ideas and have two two options but I can't find the dimensions to compare. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

@RaffaelliI mean I was wanting to keep it pre 96 so I was thinking maybe the 4.9 caddy or the 4.6 north star I already have the money set aside and quoted everything just trying to figure out a few last minute things before next march when it all begins.

Edited by 6thgengrandprix

I’m pretty sure there is a guy in Russia who did a 4.9 before swapping it to something else.

I love the north star engines, I’ve worked on many. But it is gigantic and would be very surprised if it fit.

Why not an LS4?

to be fair i wanna be slightly different i had a 93 deville with the 4.9 loved it but would love to do the 4.6 or maybe the 4.4 sc from caddy but don't wanna do ls cause just always used to seeing ls in everything wanted to be a bit different

Up to you. I think any v8 swapped w body, (even the factory installed ones) are cool. 

I’ve had engines out of both 4.9 and 4.6 Cadillacs. I’d wager money the northstar is no way no how going to fit in a Grand Prix. I used to daily a 2003 Deville and that is a huge car. With a huge hood, wide, and all that size, the engine is still shoehorned into the chassis.

Good luck!

like I said want to be different but want to push 250+ hp with bunch of mods I don't the the 4.9 is 250 but with an exhaust they sound so good

It's not pre-96 or a V8, but for the power you want, an L67 is as straight forward as a swap as you will find.  And you can easily make more than 250HP with readiliy available parts.  

Otherwise, an LS4 fits with minor mods to the passenger strut tower, and there used to be a 5.0L v8 swap(I just can't remember what it was from) it wasn't very popular.  

I do believe the N* will fit as well.  

Good Luck with what ever you decide!  If it's not an L67, you will be one of only a handful who has done it and will be cool to see!  

will definitely keep updated on route the north start should be smaller than the ls4 5.3 am I wrong i dont wanna do the 3800sc been that route in past want something without an aftermarket parts cause i dont want to keep adding and thats the way the 3800 went last time an easy 275 northstar should make me happy and be different

5 minutes ago, 6thgengrandprix said:

will definitely keep updated on route the north start should be smaller than the ls4 5.3 am I wrong i dont wanna do the 3800sc been that route in past want something without an aftermarket parts cause i dont want to keep adding and thats the way the 3800 went last time an easy 275 northstar should make me happy and be different

Gotcha!  the 3800 is addicting to mod for sure! (speaking from experience🤦‍♂️)  

I do not know about the size, but I'm pretty certain the northstar has been swapped into a 1st gen before!  

6 minutes ago, 6thgengrandprix said:

does anyone know a way to get their hands on the 90's turbo 3.1 seems like might be fun lil swap also

Before even considering that, I would look into a v8 or a L67 (3800 supercharged) swap first. A 3.1l turbo sounds like a nightmare for not a lot of HP. 

Look at this guy's V8 swapped GP. 

Edited by 94 olds vert

ok always like that motor had it in my 93 deville the turbo 3.1 seemed interesting to build but would love to do the 4.9 looks like a clean swap

Edited by 6thgengrandprix