Cutlass Supreme SX in a salvage yard!

WrenchandRepeat

While looking for parts for my 89, I came across this absolute gem on a Salvage Yard search engine site. Whole car is a trove of good parts and I'd love to pay someone to snag that front bumper cover off of it. If someone had the time and money, they could strip it and make a killing selling parts from it. Unless you could buy the whole car, which would be even better.

https://www.hollanderparts.com/used-auto-parts/1989/oldsmobile/cutlass-supreme/interior/241-console-front/241.gm3p89-alternate-console-front/part-204886-5683-1

image.jpeg

2 (2).jpg

2 (1).jpg

E.jpg

U.jpg

W.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrenchandRepeat said:

No idea? Someone sold it to the salvage yard though. No info is given on the Hollander listing aside from mileage

Maybe a repo...couldn't make the payments, so they buried it in a barn for 30 years?  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Go4DaMo said:

Maybe a repo...couldn't make the payments, so they buried it in a barn for 30 years?  

Oddly Specific but possible!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

My mom owned that car. Last seen in Rhode Island in 1991. She sold it. I took my driver's test in it and got a ticket ten minutes later doing 51mph around a roundabout. Nobody remembers these cars. Dealer optioned only. I can't believe there's finally a picture of one beside the white junkyard image and the rear-end view of the trees one behind the barn. Wow!!!! What I wouldn't give to buy that back!!! Does anyone know what yard it's at? Can it be bought?

Edited by trip
Typo. Additional comment
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 8:04 PM, trip said:

My mom owned that car. Last seen in Rhode Island in 1991. She sold it. I took my driver's test in it and got a ticket ten minutes later doing 51mph around a roundabout. Nobody remembers these cars. Dealer optioned only. I can't believe there's finally a picture of one beside the white junkyard image and the rear-end view of the trees one behind the barn. Wow!!!! What I wouldn't give to buy that back!!! Does anyone know what yard it's at? Can it be bought?

Too cool, what a story. Looks to still be on their site, give them a call. 

https://www.hollanderparts.com/used-auto-parts/1989/oldsmobile/cutlass-supreme/interior/241-console-front/241.gm3p89-alternate-console-front/part-204886-5683-1