2nd Gen Rear Brakes on a 1/1.5 Gen

pwmin

Has anyone done this swap? I know it's not going to gain me much as far as braking power, but I have most of the parts (2G rear knuckles and parking brake assembly, GXP rear rotors and pads) and I'm trying to do all the upgrades Tim had envisioned for this car.  I know several people have upgraded the earlier 1G setup to the latter one, but I can't find anything on this swap.  The missing link now is the parking brake cable setup.  Is it possible to run 2G rear parking brake cables on a 1G?

Someone's probably done it but I'm not aware. 

Only real advantage I can think of is eliminating the actuator style parking brake or maybe enabling use of GXP style rear brakes.

on a 1.5gen it would probably be a relatively bolt on affair given there is no leafspring to worry about.

Given how similar the cars are you might be able to use the gen2 rear park brake cables and just join them under the drivers side in front of the rear wheel how factory did, i'm just guessing on that one though

That's going to be the key: figuring out how to merge the parking brake cables.  Bolting the knuckle is going to be fairly easy.  I can't use the parking brake right now because of the speaker pods, but I'm going to need to move those and have a working parking brake when it's manual swapped.  I replaced all of the cables when I converted my 91 GTP to the newer 1G setup.