Changed Wheel Bearing

Jake93

Upon further inspection, my 05' GT had a bad wheel bearing that would hum/roar anywhere from 25mph-70mph at its loudest. I went forth and changed it out. I raised my car up set jack stands under it with a jack for support and chocked the rear wheels and put it in neutral. Driver side was solid with no up/down play nor side to side play. I checked the passenger side and i could easily move the wheel up and down and side to side. My original thoughts were that the driver side was bad but i was wrong. ALWAYS check both sides before changing out a wheel hub! Reason being is you don't want to replace a good hub and come to find out later you still have a bad one. Also note that if one side goes bad the other is usually not far behind! Change them in pairs if you're able! So I proceeded to change out my bad one, it wasn't terrible until i still had a piece stuck in the steering knuckle... i chuckled and thought you bastard lol. I tapped it out with a flat blade screw driver and mallet and then ran a wire wheel on a drill to clean up debris stuck to the aluminum. I Installed my new one, plugged in the  abs sensor wire, reinstalled everything and went for a test drive. All is quiet again! Here is an attached photo of the trashed OEM hub. Had it gone much longer it probably would have siezed up and caused more damage or an accident. 

Happy 4th everyone! 

20220703_140101.jpg