93 fan issue

gr_elvis

On 6/29/2022 at 9:06 AM, RPE1992GPSE said:

Are you talking about the blower motor inside the car?

Yes the blower motor 

Do all the other electronics in the vehicle power down normally when you turn the key off?

Also, when the fan stays on, what is your blower speed setting on?

Edited by RPE1992GPSE

3 hours ago, RPE1992GPSE said:

Do all the other electronics in the vehicle power down normally when you turn the key off?

It doesn't matter regardless of setting it stays on. Everything else goes off as it should. 

5 hours ago, RPE1992GPSE said:

Do you have automatic temperature control or manual?

5 hours ago, RPE1992GPSE said:

Do you have automatic temperature control or manual?

Manual

10 hours ago, RPE1992GPSE said:

It doesn't matter regardless of setting it stays on. Everything else goes off as it should. 

Where wiring schematics are concerned the Haynes & the Chiltons aren't worth the paper they're printed on......the only manual with detailed schematics is the GM factory manuals.

It sounds as tho the blower motor relay (located in the component center) has possibly fused closed on the switch side. You would have to go into the component centre & pull the relay, that should shut down the blower motor.

*Where is the Component Centre* you ask?

...under the instrument panel, centre located, would be on top of the HVAC box.

If you're not accustomed to electrical work you might get some help, a meter would be useful along with a test light.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I still haven't been able to find the right relay. The diagram I was provided doesn't match my fuse boxes or the center under the dash. Mine is different. Is that because it's a 3.4 twin dohc? Help this is driving me crazy 🤪  needing to open the hood and unplug a relay everywhere I go. 

Thank you for your reply But where would it be located in a Cutlass with the 3.4 DOHC engine because even the fusebox info in the owners manual is different from mine. I looked in the component center , and the fuse box under hood passenger side, as well as the on under the glove box. What exactly should I be looking for? 

Thank you for your reply But where would it be located in a Cutlass with the 3.4 DOHC engine because even the fusebox info in the owners manual is different from mine. I looked in the component center , and the fuse box under hood passenger side, as well as the on under the glove box. What exactly should I be looking for?  The only one labeled blower is under the hood on the passenger side and it controls locks,windows , something In the transmission in addition to the blower motor.  That's the relay I have been unplugging when I park it. So there must be one just for the blower motor. Right? But I sure can't find it.