Door handle help on a 92 cutlass supreme S 2dr coupe

Bjankins1

So I finally decided to take the cover off for the door handle to look why my door handle on the driver's side will not open up,  for one both of the rods for the door lock and the door handle look loose there's a little golden looking bracket that is also loose, for all I know the rods inside the panel are probably not even pushed into the clips that hold them in

Other thing j noticed is the door handle is slightly outwards, on the passenger side, the handle lines up normally

Any help with this would be appreciated, I'm not familiar with fixing door handles or door locks on cars

The door handle is probably broken. It is very common on these cars. You will need a new handle. It's very simple to replace. Just a few nuts and a couple of rods. Of course switch your lock cylinder over to the new handle. 

Does the door open properly from the inside? 

Yep no problem at all actually, other problems I'm having too is the automatic door locks are not functioning properly, I did notice something kind of odd, it looks like there's square felt pad up against the door lock rod, I can't tell if that's how it's supposed to be or the guy I bought it from Jerry rigged it, I'm leaning towards Jerry rigging 

What I learned about W-body door handles is that the rods bend, and then the handle breaks.  I replaced door handles, and they'd just break again.

After I straightened-out the door handle rods, the door handles work better and last longer.

This is on my two four-doors; but I've heard the two-doors are about the same.

I can most likely assume the problem you had is the same as mine, junk handles and the rod is most likely bent, everything looks connected, but hey the driver door handle lasted 30 years so

Does GM still sell the handle or even maybe the rods?  And which rod? When I looked at the door handle cover I noticed the yellow latch piece and the rod that is connects from it are very loose

On the two door coupes if one were to round off the edge on the typically brass part that swivels and "slides" up and down and lubricate it then the Chinese junk handles will last much longer as well. Seems like a good place for a roller bearing similar to how the rocker arms changed from the earlier 3100 to the later 3100/3400.