Any tuners remotely near NW Florida?

USonuMabeaCh

Looking for someone who's confident and competent enough to do a dyno tune, there are plenty of dyno facilities around me, if I can find someone. Every shop that does it has no one willing to do the tune due to lack of experience. Everyone of em tells me something along the lines of "if it was a JDM/LS/diesel, I could help you"

I have an 02 GTP, I've called every dyno shop in the Milton, Pensacola, and FWB area that does tunes, and they all say they won't do it and can't refer anyone. They have HPT, but they arent familiar enough with this platform to even attempt it. I'm close to just giving up on the car if I can't get it tuned. I'm hoping to find someone within a day's drive of NW Florida that's willing and confident and has a dyno shop nearby. If I can't get the car tuned I'm just going to try and get a Stinger GT-line, but I'm hoping I can get it tuned. I tried a canned tune, and it runs like crap.

From ZZP?  You can try and work with them to get it tuned better remotely.   I have DHP and I could try and help, but I'm not familiar with HPT, even if you had that.  Any competent tuner should be able to tune it, they're not that complicated, you don't even have to tune for VE, really.  Maybe ask on the HPT forum or Facebook group.  

My canned tuned was from Overkill I think it was? Canadian fellow.

I just want to clarify. I will gladly pay. And if it's a good job and my car's still doing well months down the road, I'll pay again. If you live within 8 hours drive of NW Florida and have a dyno shop near you and you think you can unscrew my car's tune OR you will be heading down to Navarre, Pensacola, Mobile, Fort Walton, Destin area beaches and can do part of a saturday at a dyno shop: I will pay you moneys. I have to get some things repaired on it first, but I am NOT doing those things until I have a tuner lined up.

I have zero desire to work with someone who's incompetent or dishonest enough to claim that they can't do the job because the equipment they use doesn't support it, when I know it does. So the shops here, and it was literally every one of them, are either incompetent or liars, and wouldn't even look into the program to see if it's supported, so I refuse to let them make money off of me, or touch my car.

I don't do the facebooks, I will look up their forum.

Where are you located Pwmin?

You might try to get a hold of Ryan Gick (Sinister Performance), he's in Monticello, Indiana. He's been the *go-to* GM tuner for many years.

He's well known in the GM performance tuner crowd, has an excellent reputation for his work. He's burned 3 OBD1 chips for cars in my family, OBDII is even easier to do.

Let him know what you're doing, he can do the tune for you.

Edited by 55trucker

I'm in Colorado, a little too far, unfortunately.  I believe Overkill quit tuning these or you could bug them to fix whatever isn't working with their tune if you haven't (might be worth an email at least).  They did a canned tune when I had my 06 GT.  The shops probably have enough business to where they just don't care, which is unfortunate.  I would feel the same way.  

On 3/24/2022 at 5:39 PM, USonuMabeaCh said:

I have an 02 GTP, I've called every dyno shop in the Milton, Pensacola, and FWB area that does tunes, and they all say they won't do it and can't refer anyone. They have HPT, but they arent familiar enough with this platform to even attempt it. I'm close to just giving up on the car if I can't get it tuned. I'm hoping to find someone within a day's drive of NW Florida that's willing and confident and has a dyno shop nearby. If I can't get the car tuned I'm just going to try and get a Stinger GT-line, but I'm hoping I can get it tuned. I tried a canned tune, and it runs like crap.

There are a few options for you for street tunes done remotely, maybe they would do a remote dyno tune, but they definitely will do remote street tunes.  

I believe you can rent hp tuners from zzp and then go back and forth on a tune until they get it dialed in and then you send hp tuners back.   They would also do the remote tune if you bought your own HP tuners.  

also daniel smuts offers remote tuning, however I believe you would need to buy your own HP tuners.  I attached a picture of his contact info since you are not on Facebook much. 

I think both of these options will be your best bet to get it dialed in.  

6BBE3AC3-60BD-48B9-8526-A12304F9F9C7.png

On 3/27/2022 at 1:20 PM, pwmin said:

Have you talked to Emerald Coast in Milton?  They were suggested in one of the groups.

I did speak to them, they're one of the ones that told me they "can't" do my car.

1 hour ago, USonuMabeaCh said:

How exactly does a remote dyno tune work? One of those video chat apps?

Basically you send them your base tune, they tell you what and how they want you to log, you email your data log back to them, then they make changes to your tune and repeat.  You'll probably do it in different stages from idle to light throttle, to full pulls or however they want you to do it.  

3 hours ago, USonuMabeaCh said:

How exactly does a remote dyno tune work? One of those video chat apps?

You would need to have your own HP tuners, and they would set you up with the right scanner settings and get you to drive around.  

Here is some videos from ZZP describing the process.  I imagine it would work similar with ZZP, Daniel Smuts, or anyone who is remote tuning.  I don't think you would want to do this on a dyno, as you would need the tuner and dyno setup, and a good internet connection with teamviewer.  But I would chat with one of the tuners to get an idea of how THEY do it, and once you're comfortable, proceed.    But I highly doubt they'll do it on the dyno.  There is nothing wrong with doing a street tune.