Changed my rear pads today ..

Jim_rockford_007

Rotated the tires the other day and while I had it up in the air  did a brake inspection and seen the drivers rear was getting really close, so i went to RA and bought the cheapest ceramic pads they had. changed them out today, Just in time . 

20211015_164443.jpg

20211015_164429.jpg

20211015_164420.jpg

• Like 1

My experience with ceramic pads was on the front of a K1500 pickup; and it was...20-ish years ago.  I suppose (and hope) that ceramic pads are better now.

I HATED those pads.  Poor stopping, needed extra pedal effort--but they wore forever.  Which is kinda too bad.  I put up with those pads way longer than I should have.

The last few sets of pads I've bought have been Performance Friction brand, "carbon metallic" composition.  Made in USA, in one of the Carolinas.

Edited by Schurkey
  • Like 1

Well I needed something for right now, If I can make it through the winter and I dont like em I can always change em out when i put on new rotors.  I bought ceramics for the front also, but im not in a hurry for those. but i added em to my cart and got em for like 8 bucks , and about the same price for the rears .