nascargtp

Thanks for the add. This is my 89 base Grand Prix with the 5 speed. It's been sitting in a field for the last ten years. Still have alot of work to do but it runs well and mostly it's little things like replacing trim parts that rotted off. In early 2000 the car had a ground effects kit put on it and it was to be donated to be a DARE car. Luckily some friends at GM Fairfax and the plant itself volunteered and painted the car in plant. This was right after the buildout for the Grand Prix and the car was being moved North. So this was literally the last Grand Prix ever painted at Fairfax Ks. They also added the wheels from a 2001. After all that time and work the Police Department decided the car had more work in it than it was worth and changed their mind about making it a DARE car. It was returned to the original owner, my dad. He drove the car a little but a blown head gasket got it parked where it stayed till recently.

Like I said it has a ways to go. Not quite up to show car status but that's my goal. Thanks for looking

89 Grand Prix 060621.jpg

Welcome!  That is such a cool story and what a nice car!

I can't believe all the 5 speed cars popping up lately.  Well, the very few anyways but more than I've seen in a long time.  This one in Nebraska has been For Sale for awhile now and can't believe it hasn't sold yet.  It's on Ebay right now.

Image 1 - 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix Sport PackageImage 6 - 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix Sport Package

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

Welcome!  That is such a cool story and what a nice car!

I can't believe all the 5 speed cars popping up lately.  Well, the very few anyways but more than I've seen in a long time.  This one in Nebraska has been For Sale for awhile now and can't believe it hasn't sold yet.  It's on Ebay right now.

Image 1 - 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix Sport PackageImage 6 - 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix Sport Package

I came across that ebay listing for that car as well..... it's a base model, not even an LE package, it's in really nice condition but he wants 5g's US, just too much money for a 116,000 mile base car

• 1 month later...

Can you put up a pic of the front of your car?  Very much like to see the front clip. I remember when the ground effects kits were still for sale.  Didn’t fit my b4u trim bit I always liked em.  Nice to see one on here, that kit alone makes it worth to fix up the car.