Big Turbo Guys Come In .

killinprixs

run PCV valve to intake?     yes or No?    I was told by a reputable guy not to do so . 

Edited by killinprixs

• killinprixs changed the title to Big Turbo Guys Come In .

As with any Turbo application the pcv, the brake booster, the hvac controls have to be *shut off* when the engine is under boost, generally a one way check valve is in the routing for all of these devices to prevent pressure feedback to them when one gets on the throttle. The pcv doesn't get a rerouted alternative path for vacuum, the original routing is the same, there is just more devices in that path to aid in controlling the pressure buildup when under boost.

I'm sure that one of the Turbo GP owners here who have the 89-90 OEM service manual might post up the vacuum routing path for you.  

The breather for both my 89 and 90 TGP, from the factory, were routed straight into the air intake box.

I took off that system when I installed my directed warm air intake, and just put a breather on. I wish I had done a catch can instead.

Mine did not have a PCV system. When I had the intake manifold off, there was a plug/cap on the port where the PCV would have plugged in. There was nothing in my rear valve cover.

Edited by pontiac6ksteawd

• 2 weeks later...

I would try factory routing, but put a catch can inline. There are "performance" pcv valves by the way that can be adjusted for higher performance engines.

• 1 month later...

NO thanks on the factory routing  , thats probably fine for stock baby t25 setup...  Im running a monster turbo ... and you dont want to boost your crank case for various reasons..  Stock PCV valve can only hold back so much pressure from a turbo like this until boost blows through that sucker ....   creating issues you dont want .     I'm going to go with what has already been confirmed from other big turbo guys , and similar to what Pontiac6kste Said....   I have a buddy who runs CCC racing, they push Honda's into the 8s in the 1/4 mile ,  no PCV valves just breathers.