2004-2008 Grand Prix DIC & Speedometer Power Out Of Vehicle?

MegaVortex

So I have some spare DICs and speedometers laying around and wondered if someone can tell me what wires/pins need to be hooked up to a power source in order to power them on outside of the car? I'm thinking about maybe making some decorations for my house with them. Thanks! (I know I could pull up the wiring schematics and figure it all out myself, but I'm trying to take the lazy route if someone already knows the answer😬 )

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 9:40 PM, Leadfoot said:

Is this a regular DIC or GXP DIC?  IIRC the GXP DIC bring decent $$

I have a GXP DIC in my car. I have two 3-button DICs and an extra GXP DIC that actually has everything zeroed out which is kind of cool. That's my spare just in case.

On 6/13/2021 at 5:23 PM, MegaVortex said:

I have a GXP DIC in my car. I have two 3-button DICs and an extra GXP DIC that actually has everything zeroed out which is kind of cool. That's my spare just in case.

Smart.  I have a GXP and have a spare DIC.  I stumbled upon it at the junkyard one day and snagged it after seeing they were hard to come by and seemed to be $$$ when they did come up for sale.