1997 Cutlass Supreme turn flasher relay

Bens70w31

Quick question to the group.... can somebody please tell me the Delco part# or quality aftermarket  turn signal flasher relay.

Id be very much greatful.

97 Supreme 4 door.  

22 hours ago, Bens70w31 said:

Thank you !

You're welcome. If you went to the ebay link, you should be note that the AC Delco flasher is just a reboxed Wagner product. Searching that Wagner number will lead you to more USA made new-old-stock flashers.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:03 PM, mfewtrail said:

You're welcome. If you went to the ebay link, you should be note that the AC Delco flasher is just a reboxed Wagner product. Searching that Wagner number will lead you to more USA made new-old-stock flashers.

Thanks again!!!   Appreciate your attention .   I ended up with a  new Wagner I sourced locally.   

I posted on the general discussion of installing LEDs in the front turn signals  from incandescent bulb # 3157  .  I went with LEDS and now noticed both directional signal arrows inside the cluster are dimmly lit (continuous)    They flash completely normally when turn signals are activated.

Is the cause of the feed to the directional arrows the issue of (polarity)  of the front bulbs or does the car not like LEDS in the front?   Im fairly certain before I installed the outrageously expensive LEDS  that the turn arrows stay dark and unseen with incandesents.

Anyone have this small issue happen to them and if so does anyone know the fix ?

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by Bens70w31

The LEDs have such a high internal resistance that it behaves like a "bad ground" sometimes, and can cause the issue you describe with the the turn signal indicators. If you were to replace the indicators with LED, or add a resistor to the turn signal bulbs out on the car (like you would to cure "hyper flash"), it should fix the issue. You can test it by swapping a standard bulb on one side, or simply using jumper wires to add it to the circuit to test it.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:14 AM, carkhz316 said:

The LEDs have such a high internal resistance that it behaves like a "bad ground" sometimes, and can cause the issue you describe with the the turn signal indicators. If you were to replace the indicators with LED, or add a resistor to the turn signal bulbs out on the car (like you would to cure "hyper flash"), it should fix the issue. You can test it by swapping a standard bulb on one side, or simply using jumper wires to add it to the circuit to test it.

I went back with incandescents and the problem went away.  That thought ran through my mind by adding a ground wire. Instead of the hassle I just stuck with 3157 amber incandescent.  Lot cheaper than 21 $ leds.