Exhaust and muffler choice

Ric

To be honest, all of the dual exhaust W 1 & W 1.5 platform cars will have similar mufflers under them (with the exception of the 1st design & 2nd design dual arrangement). The most irritating sound that came from them was the distinctive brapp sound that they put out when one was on the throttle.

Walker SoundFX is Walker's installer line, they are intended to be a less expensive option to the 1st line, (Quiet-flow's), they are no louder, no quieter, they do not have all of the pre-fit hangers that are welded onto the Quiet flows that make a given muffler a particular fit to a particular vehicle.

I’ve always ran flowmaster 40s on my trucks and liked them a lot for a daily driver.   Have just put magnaflows on my GTP. Not finished as yet though but I’ve only heard good things about them.  The walker series looks to be aluminized steel so if you plan on keeping the car as a collector I’d suggest a stainless unit for longevity.

• 2 weeks later...

3.1l or 3.4l?

Honestly, a 3.1l will sound good with just about anything on it and the Walker Sound FX mufflers would be a good choice for a 3.1l. If you have the 3.4l I would suggest magnaflows. I ran maganaflows on my 1994 Cutlass with the 3.4l for years and that car sounded great. 

• 3 weeks later...