Fueling Issue After Top Swap

pwmin

Just about completed my top swap, but when I tried to start it to drive and scan, it decided not to start after starting and running probably 10 times.  I thought maybe the fuel pump was going bad.  I did the ZZP fuel pump rewire, but with it running for about an hour total, I'm pretty confident that I did that correctly.  The instructions aren't very good, though.  I also had a fuel leak at the return line on top of the Supercharger with a new quick connect fitting.

Anyway, so after it didn't start, I checked the battery terminals and fuse box terminal first; all tight and good to go.  Then I checked fuel pressure and it would go up to 50 and then down to 28.  Tried a different tester and it would hit 50 and then bleed down.  Then the fuel pressure held, so we released the pressure from the return line and it started.  Then again it wouldn't start.  Messed with the regulator and then the regulator started to leak where it pushes in to the fuel rail. Used a vacuum pump on the regulator vacuum line while trying to start but it wouldn't. Wondering if maybe since the engine was sitting outside if the o rings degraded, maybe.  Any thoughts?  I have read that they hardly ever go bad.