1994 Cutlass Took a 1st at AACA Nationals

bluecalais79

I was hoping for a 2nd but got a 1st at the AACA Nats Regional Meet last week in Gettysburg, PA last weekend. I guess all that work putting this car back together was all worth it. But the best part was driving the car there and back, about 330 miles each way. I was able to run the trip on ethanol free gas and I got about 26 mpg pure highway, not bad. 

IMG_4132.JPG

IMG_4129.JPG

IMG_4122.JPG

IMG_4107.JPG

Thanks, this is the one where I am the original and 4th owner. Bought it new in 1994, gave it to my dad in 2012, dad SOLD it to my brother in 2018, wherein he promptly beat the s**t out of it, and then when my dad passed last January, he drove it up to me last Spring and handed me the keys. 

Fixing this one up has gone so well I am toying with the idea of selling my white 1996 CS. Stay tuned if I do decide to sell it, I will be offering it first to you folks on this site and nowhere else. I put a heck of alot of work getting the white one up to snuff and I don't want it going to the general public. 

• Thanks 1

What a beautiful LQ1 coupe, something you just don't see very often these days.  Very cool to see it getting loving care and staying in the family.  Congrats on the award and I hope you continue to show it and take home more trophies!

19 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

What a beautiful LQ1 coupe, something you just don't see very often these days.  Very cool to see it getting loving care and staying in the family.  Congrats on the award and I hope you continue to show it and take home more trophies!

Thanks, makes me want to hold onto it for a while. And I know what you mean about seeing these around anymore. I saw red one like mine while on the way home traveling the other way in really nice shape. But usually when you do see these cars on the road they are used up junkers.

4 hours ago, Schurkey said:

These cars...are ANTIQUES?

I'm gettin' old.

For the A.A.C.A. any car that is 25 years or older can be entered. Interesting thing about that is there were 9 cars in that class this year (Production vehicles 1990-1995) which for a show that was initially postponed ain't a bad number. Next year I can enter my white 1996 CS. Time flies, that's for sure!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Schurkey said:

These cars...are ANTIQUES?

I'm gettin' old.

^ me too....just older

here 30 = antique, 25 = classic, but I still have a hard time calling this an antique.

the GP still has to wait 5 mths to be declared an antique here, fell off the assembly line 05/91  :)

Edited by 55trucker
  • Like 2