LS Swap - L67 & OBDII n2 95 Cutlass Vert

DaveTheBuilder

Please help a fellow Cutlass enthusiast. I need help with getting this supercharged motor in and having it run smoothly.  Also, I need assistance with the wiring harness and OBDII port. Please assist

You need the following parts from a 98-99 Monte Carlo z34/ lumina ltz

• wiring harnesses 
  • power steering lines
  • exhaust downpipe (or have one made)
  • heater core hoses
  • if possible the alternator bracket/tensioner for the right angle heater hose connectors under alternator not 100% needed but nice to have.

Other items

• Need to use the inner axle cups from the donor car and the outer shafts of the original cutlass
  • Motor mounts bolt in no issues
  • Donor car rad and hoses work
  • Donor car auto trans cooler lines work
  • Need a pcm tune to disable VATS.
  • Once you have the parts, pcm and the wiring harness figured out it’s drop in
  • You need to use the original subframe

The best advice I can give you for the wiring, and OBD2, is to get a factory service manual from the 98/98 monte carlo/Lumina and for your year of Cutlass.  You'll need to spend time ensuring each wire at the C100 connector matches from the monte carlo harness to the dash harness of the cutlass.  I would say 75% of the wires will be the same, and you'll need to move or add 25% of the wires.    You will also need to run 2 wires inside the cab for the OBD port, and I ran one into the cab for the tach as well.  Not sure if that is 100% needed, but it works for me!

There used to be plenty of information out there on this swap.  I'm not sure if the old forums or posts have disappeared but this should get you going in the right direction.  Once you get working, I'm sure you'll come across specific issues, post them here and I'll do my best to help as I can.    

Also check out this guys thread, for some troubles with this swap and how to overcome them (not my thread, but it'll help you see what you're in for). 

MattMac recently finished doing this swap....

here is his thread on the job, you might want to message him on the in's & out's of what he came across........the actual process begins on page 10

Edited by 55trucker
  • Like 1