1994 Cutlass Lower Front Door Speakers

bluecalais79

I'm going to be swapping out my 2 side view mirrors for a set of NOS ones and while I have the door panels off I thought I'd also swap out the door speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to buy that will fit in the existing holes? 

Thx

Oddly enough I have one right here, opened the door and the panel came off and had to solder the wires back together the other day. All those plastic pins that held it on just got brittle and gave out, had a time tracking down enough through the local part stores too. Best to order in bulk online but anyways...

Galaxie500 put in some Sony Xplod series speakers in the `95 Vert I have now. XS-R1344 Peak power 160W, Rated power 35W, rated impedance 4 ohms. IIRC they were bolted in just like the factory ones are or close enough to it you couldnt tell. I dont believe the factory cover will fit but they look cool so its not really needed 

Aye, thanks, in your opinion, I note you have a 1995 and a 1994, which stereo system do you like better? IMHO I think the 1994 is better than my 1996 due to the upper speakers in the dash. 

• Like 1

Probably the 1995 as its has door mounted speakers in addition to the two in the back and two in the dash. My speakers in the 94 were blown along time ago and I never got around to upgrading. Not the best dude here to get sound system advice from TBH.

• 2 years later...

Out of curiosity did you end up finding some that worked with your car? Those Amanita posted are discontinued. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2020 at 7:12 AM, bluecalais79 said:

I'm going to be swapping out my 2 side view mirrors for a set of NOS ones and while I have the door panels off I thought I'd also swap out the door speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to buy that will fit in the existing holes? 

Thx

How did you get the bolt behind the armrest off the door panel? Is it a Phillips or a torx?