Windshield rubber surround

jonosso

Is the rubber windshield surround for a Cutlass convertible available or a substitute possible?   If not, I am wondering if the existing one can be stretched and retain the shape if the windshield were removed and reset.   Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated.  I have also posted this on the Facebook W Body group in case there are users there that are not on this forum.  Thanks. 

EA607FD3-82DD-4BFB-9E21-2A1AAC7D6F60.jpeg

Not sure for certain but I would think a glass replacement company would have something very close to that, they'd need a sample though. Now the piece just above that in the pic with the screw in it, unobtainable,  better order gummi phlege for that.

What I did on my 95 with the same issue was to slice it exactly at the corner seam.   Then the vertical and horizontal pieces could  be put back in their channels.   Then I just filled in the corner (since the shrunken vertical and horizontal pieces don't quite touch anymore) with the black window seal adhesive stuff, which I also used to re-attach the two separated sections into their channels.   It doesn't look great, but it looks a lot better than it did, and more importantly to me it doesn't leak after many years.   It's quick, cheap, and easy, and if it doesn't look good enough you can still always have the whole thing replaced.    

• Like 2