Tired 88 Cutlass

90LuminaEuro

I'm driving an '88 CS 2.8L/4auto. The thing sat in the sun for ages at one point and everything that can is failing. I'm not the most experienced mechanic and know that I need new power train mounts (all four), struts and filters. I'm not trying to make it a show car, just a comfortable daily driver. I've seen that replacing the fuel pressure regulator and vacuum booster might help some of my many issues. What else would you guys suggest? Engine has new plugs and wires and runs like a champ. The car has 135k miles on it.

Also, does anyone know how to fix my IP? I have the digital grandpa display. (Gas, speed, odometer)

Edited by 90LuminaEuro

Hello!  Would love to see pics of it.  I would reach out to a guy named Robertsaar.  He might be able to help you with your cluster.  I would PM him.  Great guy and a technical wizard with that sort of thing.

On 7/26/2020 at 9:28 PM, jiggity76 said:

Hello!  Would love to see pics of it.  I would reach out to a guy named Robertsaar.  He might be able to help you with your cluster.  I would PM him.  Great guy and a technical wizard with that sort of thing.

He’s on here? He works on the Delco, Denso, or both?

1 hour ago, 1987 GMC Jimmy said:

He’s on here? He works on the Delco, Denso, or both?

He's here.  Not consistently, but he does check in once in awhile.  He's also on FB.  Classic GM FWD Society.  Yes, he does both of them.  He actually looked at my cluster a few months ago.  Sadly, it couldn't be repaired as it was badly damaged.  Don't let that deter you though.  Each cluster repair is unique and he very well might be able to fix yours.  Very fair on price too.

• Like 1