Can't find where electrical connector goes '96 GP

quakerj

I have a 2-pin electrical connector in the engine bay of my '96 Grand Prix that I can't find a home for.  It's a 2 pin connector and looks like it had been plugged in previously (dielectric grease on contacts and wear on plug.)  Wires are red and black.  It comes out of a harness right next to the driver's side strut tower...  It has about 12" of length on it, I can't locate anything in that area where it might go.  I'm not getting any drivetrain related codes, so I'm fairly confident I have all the sensors and powertrain stuff hooked up.  All my ABS stuff has electrical connectors already going to it as far as I can tell.  Anyone have any idea?

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

13 minutes ago, ron350 said:

That should be the plug for the under hood light.

Thanks, I feel like a dummy now because I'm the one that unplugged it when I was replacing head gaskets so the battery wouldn't die.  Had me seriously stumped there for a minute!

7 hours ago, ron350 said:

Yep I unplugged the under hood light to work on the motor and never plugged it back in.

My car was the same way when I got it.  Thought it was lost but the previous owner just tucked it out of the way in all the jumbled wiring mess.