93 cutlass transmission interchange

olds tech

My 93 olds 3.4 cutlass convertible has started to slip going into 3rd gear under acceleration  . What years of transmissions are a direct replacement? 

That should have the 3.06 gear ratio/3.43 final drive ratio which, AFAIK, is specific to 3.4L W Bodies. I’d say the 91-96 Cutlass Supreme, 91-94 regular Lumina, 95-96 Lumina LS, 91-96 Grand Prix, and 95-96 Monte all with LQ1s in them. The Regal shouldn’t be part of that group, although it would be in the running if we were talking about a 3.1. The Cutlasses and Grand Prixs are gonna be your best bet, I think. No matter what, though, I’d check the code on your transmission and make sure it has the same specs as the code of the one you’re pulling. 

http://www.gmtuners.com/transmission/

Edited by 1987 GMC Jimmy

Need more research.  I have a '93 Euro 3.4; the trans failed years ago.  When I was looking for a used replacement, I think I discovered that there was only one or two compatible years--the pinouts on the bigass plug were different.

I don't remember any details.  The car got parked and ignored.

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, Schurkey said:

Need more research.  I have a '93 Euro 3.4; the trans failed years ago.  When I was looking for a used replacement, I think I discovered that there was only one or two compatible years--the pinouts on the bigass plug were different.

I don't remember any details.  The car got parked and ignored.

I very much would love to see pics of your Euro!

I'm a little late here but: 1993 is one year unless you change over the valvebody, solenoids and wiring.

B ----------

CUTLASS 93 A.T.; 4T60E, 6-207 (3.4L)

GRAND PRIX 93 A.T.; 4T60E, 6-207 (3.4L)

LUMINA CAR 93 A.T.; 4T60E, 6-207 (3.4L)

|A| thru |C| fit as shown in notes.

B -----------

Valve body cover is steel & has no engine mounting bosses .

|A| & |C| fit by transferring valve body wiring harness, solenoids & electrical connector in case as needed.

A ----------

CUTLASS 91-92 A.T.; 4T60E (3.4L only)

GRAND PRIX 91-92 A.T.; 4T60E (3.4L only)

LUMINA CAR 91-92 A.T.; 4T60E (3.4L)

C ----------

CUTLASS 94-95 A.T.; 6-207 (3.4L)

GRAND PRIX 94-95 A.T.; 6-207 (3.4L)

LUMINA CAR 94-95 A.T.; 6-207 (3.4L)

MONTE CARLO 95 A.T.; 6-207 (3.4L)

I would think checking the solenoid valves, and check balls, would be the first place to start. GM was known to have problems with these, and causing slippage from fluid pressure loss in the solenoids and check balls.