Headrests Won't Stay in Position - Is There a Fix?

kcac

The headrests on my 1995 Cutlass Supreme slide down to the lowest position. I could jury-rig a fix, but would prefer to repair it the right way. Does anyone know what that is?

Would appear that the guide tube that the headrest posts run up & down inside of are worn out or possibly damaged and now there is no friction at all to keep the posts where you set them.

Thanks for the information. Now I have a name for the part that needs to be replaced. Looks like replacement requires removing the seat covers - once I find a source for replacement tubes. 

Thanks again.

6 hours ago, kcac said:

Thanks for the information. Now I have a name for the part that needs to be replaced. Looks like replacement requires removing the seat covers - once I find a source for replacement tubes. 

Thanks again.

I'm actually repairing my seats in my International CS coupe right now.  I have a thread started on here and can answer any questions you might have.  Good luck!

Edited by jiggity76

Thanks jiggity76, I took a look at your photos. Looks like while this is not a complex part, swapping it out is not a simple task. I have not done of lot of looking yet, but I think finding replacement guide tubes will be a challenge, too.

1 hour ago, kcac said:

Thanks jiggity76, I took a look at your photos. Looks like while this is not a complex part, swapping it out is not a simple task. I have not done of lot of looking yet, but I think finding replacement guide tubes will be a challenge, too.

If they are the same as my 91 CS, I might have a good set for you from my spare seats but it will be awhile before I work on them again if you can wait.  I'll also look to see if any replacements are available in the meantime.