'91 Regal RKE pinout needed

kthelen

I've got a remote keyless entry receiver from a 1991 Regal, which I'm hoping to transplant into a project car. It's a TRW AB00103R, and it has a single 8-pin connector (not two connectors like the much more common/newer ones I see others working with).

After hunting high and low for the last several hours, I've been unable to find a pinout / wiring diagram for it. All my Chilton's and Hayne's manuals are either slightly too old or new, the Chilton online service I have access to (through the local library, LOL) doesn't have it - for this or any other W-body of similar year - and I've googled endlessly to no avail.

Does anyone know what's what on this thing? Original wire colors in the harness were: orange/black, tan, black/white (or possibly black/yellow), green/black, black, black/brown, light blue, and black. There's no pink wire, if that helps narrow it down.

-- Keith
(a former W-Body owner, several times over... '94 Cutlass coupe, '94 Cutlass vert, '95 GP coupe, '97.5 Regal GS, '01 Regal GS, etc)

Hey there. Annoyingly, the service manual doesn't appear to provide a connector face pinout, but here are the schematics, which does include wire colors.  Hope this helps.

rke-1.jpeg
rke-2.jpeg
rke-3.jpeg
rke-4.jpeg