95WhitePrix

On my 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE has a misfire of some sort, you don't really notice it when it happens but you can smell it when it happens and it only seems to happen while accelerating fast or so I think.

I have replaced the spark plugs and wires.

I have included a video of it idling.

1 minute ago, 55trucker said:

I take that this situation has reared it's ugly head after you corrected the EGR issue?

Actually it was doing this before I replaced the EGR but I thought it was possible that exhaust leak situation was causing it but since that had nothing to do with it I am hoping that I can find out what is causing it and fix it.

OK, 

if you can get a hold of one what I am going to suggest is nothing more than a poor man's scope. One needs a pair of chocks in front of the drive wheels, the park brake applied & a 2nd party in the car with their foot on the brake.

with the timing light connected individually ( 1 at a time) across the high tension wires the individual in the car applies throttle with the trans in gear, (you're essentially doing a converter torque brake), raise the throttle to approx 1800rpm or as high as safely possible & hold it there, now you under the hood carefully watch the timing light flashes. Look for interruptions in one or all cylinders. The light doesn't have to shine down on the crank dampener, aim it anything dark. If any interruptions are related to a particular cylinder  now you have a place to begin troubleshooting.   

Edited by 55trucker
  • Like 1