CV AXLES - who's the best out there?

bluecalais79

Does anyone know who is selling/making high quality and/or the best CV axles, my 1994 Cutlass may need to have these replaced. There's a few left side GM NOS ones available but I'm not seeing anything for the right side. I'm hoping to stick with GM but if there's something aftermarket out there that is decent quality, I'm all for that.

thx

CVs are really hit or miss now. Do yours need to be replaced because the boot is ripped or are they clicking or something? I'd go to the junkyard and get an OEM one and boot it/get it rebooted and run that. 

Personally when it comes to purchasing a *fresh* replacement I've always leaned towards a Cardone reman item rather than an offshore brand new piece.

Thanks, Cardone does sound good. I'm going to go with a freshly refurbished set of 5 spokes and the Cooper CS5 Ultra tires and then see if I still have vibration issues. The Tiger Paws will be relegated to winter storage duty.

What's wrong with your CV shafts 'n' joints?  Not that hard to rebuild them although it's gone out-of-style.

I'm a big fan of buying "good used" parts rather than "brand-new Communist Crap".

Good point on the used stuff. I've since decided to lower the bar on what I'm going to do with the car. I'm down to just getting the a/c fixed, refurbished wheels & tires and then getting the paint issue on the drivers side done and that will be about it. Until if & when I can get my nephew to take this car, I'm going to use it on my to-work commute. My white 1996 CS will be the go to car for long trips as that car is as solid a ride as they come at any speed. Not only that but I can squeeze over 30 mpg pure highway with the white one.