Guess who's back. Back again!

theghoul

Hey guys! 

Its been ages and I'm happy to see that the site is still around. I remember doing meetups back at Kensington Park in Michigan, and having a great time with some of you.

After 2 years of the car sitting in my barn, I pulled out my 95 vert for some sun. Stupidly I've been only starting and running it every six months. :(   

The mice invaded over the winter and it's been an ordeal cleaning it up after they moved out.

This virus shutdown finally gave me some time to spend with it.  I'm  smelling the mouse pee in there. I think I got most of the nests (lil bastards).

Any tips would be appreciated. I've been told to use baking soda, carpet cleaner and vinegar. I may try them all lol.

Now I have a list to problems to deal with, but I'm going to fix each one. 

• It ran for a while then stopped. Now I cant get it to run. Fuse and fuel is ok.
  • Mouse pee (see above)
  • Brake line rot. Who needs to stop anyways lol. Thank goodness for the parking brake.
  • Tires are shot. They had less than 4000 miles on them too :( . Gonna yank em off and take them to the tire shop for replacement
  • Climate control fan is making a lot of noise. Maybe there's a nest in there I need to get out.

It did clean up nice though. Even with a cover on it, the barn swallows had a field day.

IMG_20200427_111957.jpg

IMG_20200427_111904.jpg

• Like 4

Check the air intake in the engine, that's where mice have made nests in my red '95 vert.   Your car does clean up nice!   I like the wheels.   What's the black thing above the fuel filler door?    And how is your clear coat doing?   Mine's starting to peel.    

2 hours ago, oldmangrimes said:

Check the air intake in the engine, that's where mice have made nests in my red '95 vert.   Your car does clean up nice!   I like the wheels.   What's the black thing above the fuel filler door?    And how is your clear coat doing?   Mine's starting to peel.    

Cool. I'm checking that next. Those are the antennae (antennas?) for the GPS and Sat radio.

Hey I remember you, and the Kensington meets, that feels like an eternity ago now.

Glad to see you make a return.

Its not enough that you have fuel at the rail, may want to verify injector pulse. Possible that you had one die and short the whole circuit. 

After you are able to get most of the mouse odors out by other means, Check out MOSO bags to get rid of the rest of the odors. I bought a 3 pack and they work great to make your car smell like...…..nothing. And that's the best smell there is IMHO.

Use pet odor remover for the pee, it has enzymes that eat away at the organic compounds, steam clean after that then maybe some febreeze or carpet cleaner to wrap it up.

Nice vert dude, I`m working on my white 95 vert right now too.