GM PLATFORM INTERLINKING - JOINING ANOTHER

Knight1o1

Hello Fellow W-Body members,

I am suggesting that W-body dot com consider providing the following new content.
1. Warm "Join other GM Platform" direct links with other GM Platform websites to give owners warm introduction to other General Motors Platform forums and communities.
2. I also think the GM platforms can provide additional modern coverage by considering hosting co-platform events. 
3. Possibly creating content by providing content directly from meeting directly with General Motors relating to active online vehicle owners.

Who am I, I am a proud owner of GM automobile like my father and many of my family members and friends. I also believe that other GM vehicle owners would enjoy these new features discussed in this blog entry. Due to the recent possible loss of one of my GM sport coupes and the purchasing of GM sports car (muscle car), I feel empowered to suggest W-Body considering more General Motors co-platform content and features.

In this newer generation of global personal transportation and alternative powered vehicles, it is necessary to consider and implement new beneficial features to continue providing us owners, drivers, and fans with enjoyable and comprehensive coverage to all of our community (all ages). Thanks for the times that we have shared and I hope that there are "even greater times to come"!

- Stay safe and practice excellent "Hygiene to avoid infection"!

Edited by Knight1o1

My concern is with diluting the W-body content.  We're here because we want to specialize in W-body; losing that specialization would eliminate any reason for me to log on.

The newest vehicle I own is a 2003; GM has probably lost me as a customer until that vehicle won't run reliably because they've decided to follow political correctness or crazy styling instead of building stuff I want to buy.  There's not a car in the stable that I have any real interest in.   Pretty-much the same with the trucks.  If you need the tailgate to multi-function as a step ladder...the truck isn't designed for use, it's designed to "look mean".  I don't need that.

Linking to other GM platforms would be a total waste of bandwidth for me.  I'm already on forums that specialize in other GM brands; what they have in common in that there's little content for newer crap.  It's all Chevy-Pontiac-Olds-Buick-Cadillac pre-1999; and in most cases largely pre-1980.

"Global personal transportation" and "alternative powered vehicles" are "politically-correct JUNK", and that is what I DO NOT WANT.

Edited by Schurkey
  • Like 3

Nah. I don’t mind being helpful or people getting help but that defeats the purpose. I think that’ll kill our numbers because there will be even less users per topic as I don’t think many will migrate anyway. Just my .02

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Schurkey said:

My concern is with diluting the W-body content.  We're here because we want to specialize in W-body; losing that specialization would eliminate any reason for me to log on.

The newest vehicle I own is a 2003; GM has probably lost me as a customer until that vehicle won't run reliably because they've decided to follow political correctness or crazy styling instead of building stuff I want to buy.  There's not a car in the stable that I have any real interest in.   Pretty-much the same with the trucks.  If you need the tailgate to multi-function as a step ladder...the truck isn't designed for use, it's designed to "look mean".  I don't need that.

Linking to other GM platforms would be a total waste of bandwidth for me.  I'm already on forums that specialize in other GM brands; what they have in common in that there's little content for newer crap.  It's all Chevy-Pontiac-Olds-Buick-Cadillac pre-1999; and in most cases largely pre-1980.

"Global personal transportation" and "alternative powered vehicles" are "politically-correct JUNK", and that is what I DO NOT WANT.

Maybe it's because I'm a little older now but I have been repeatedly disappointed with new vehicles other than my Super Duty.  GM has been putting out unattractive and just strange looking vehicles lately.  I don't get it and I don't understand what's driving this trend with them.  Nothing is attractively unique anymore within their divisions.  Makes these older W's and vehicles from the 80's and 90's that much more enticing.

• Thanks 1

You are talking about a small subset of GM vehicles from a weird time period in their history.  If people are interested, they will come here. 

Sadly, most forums are going away because of Social Media.  After seeing most of the crap that goes on with those platforms I'm happy to let people find us and post good content rather than just posting content.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, rich_e777 said:

I prefer we keep on like lord of the flies and shun the outside world as the blasphemous heathens they are...

When you put it like that, it sounds like a bad thing.  Maybe I need to read Lord of the Flies.

I figure when a corporation changes it's products so that they no longer make anything relevant, abandoning them is a responsibility, not merely a choice.  Someone has to tell them they're on the wrong track, and sucking air.  I volunteer.

HEY GM:  POUND SAND!  And K-M-A.  And shut your fukkin' headlights off in the daytime.  You look ridiculous.

• Like 2

Thats sort of why I`m liking Dodge more and more, GM just doesnt have anything interesting aside from the Corvette and those are pretty much exotic cars now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

Thats sort of why I`m liking Dodge more and more, GM just doesnt have anything interesting aside from the Corvette and those are pretty much exotic cars now. 

I've been a GM fan my entire life. I have been considering a Challenger/Charger for a while now. I think that would be a good summer DD for me. 

3 hours ago, 94 olds vert said:

I've been a GM fan my entire life. I have been considering a Challenger/Charger for a while now. I think that would be a good summer DD for me. 

I rented a Hemi Challenger a couple of years ago.  Best rental of my life.  Which doesn't say much, it's the first interesting car I ever rented.  Everything else has been bottom-feeder fleet junk, once with an upgrade to a 4WD Blazer at a time when my wife wanted to go off-road for bird-watching.

Doesn't mean I'm hot to buy a Challenger.  But if I were in the market, I could do worse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rich_e777 said:

4 hours ago, 94 olds vert said:

It's pretty easy to walk away from GM right now, especially the Chevrolet brand.  I mean, when your churning out crap like this...what does GM expect?

The Camaro's airbag makes me sick!  So ugly!

See the source image

And of course this crap!

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image

And the upcoming ugliness.  I already hate it and they're not even on the lot yet!

See the source image

• Like 1

Out off all those, I don't mind the blazer, but everything else is just so bad looking.  I like the 2020 Sierra HD, but the interior is getting dated. My 2015 had the same interior.  The GM interiors do not impress me. 

2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and Photos ...

The dodge line up  is killing it, I just love the looks of and the V8 power avaible in everything. It sucks the blazer doesn't have a v8.  When I'm looking at buying something I want a V8. 

The 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody Is the Best ...

2020 Dodge Charger Widebody First Look | Edmunds

2019 Dodge Durango SRT AWD review: Three-row muscle car - Roadshow

I am very impressed with the Dodge interiors. They are nice to be. Comfortable, things feel nice to touch, and not a lot of noise going on on bumpy roads. I can't say that about my 2015 Sierra. That thing rattled like a tin can with a rock in it. Terrible. 

2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Interior Photos | CarBuzz

1 hour ago, 94 olds vert said:

Out off all those, I don't mind the blazer, but everything else is just so bad looking.  I like the 2020 Sierra HD, but the interior is getting dated. My 2015 had the same interior.  The GM interiors do not impress me. 

2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and Photos ...

The dodge line up  is killing it, I just love the looks of and the V8 power avaible in everything. It sucks the blazer doesn't have a v8.  When I'm looking at buying something I want a V8. 

The 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody Is the Best ...

2020 Dodge Charger Widebody First Look | Edmunds

2019 Dodge Durango SRT AWD review: Three-row muscle car - Roadshow

I am very impressed with the Dodge interiors. They are nice to be. Comfortable, things feel nice to touch, and not a lot of noise going on on bumpy roads. I can't say that about my 2015 Sierra. That thing rattled like a tin can with a rock in it. Terrible. 

2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Interior Photos | CarBuzz

Absolutely!  The Sierra is WAY BETTER looking than the Silverado.  I would think the Sierra's would be killin it in sales compared to the Silverado. 

I myself would prefer the Mustang over the Challenger if I were in the market for one of them.  Not to take anything away from the Challenger because it's killer, I just think Ford did it a tiny bit better with the styling.  Also, the sequential tail lights and Pony projector is a must have for me.  Not really feelin the Durango styling, performance...Hell yes!  The Charger is more appealing to me than the Challenger, they are wicked!  The interiors are really nice in the Chrysler products right now too.  Like I said, if I couldn't make a deal on my Super Duty, I would have brought home a new Ram HD.

Speaking of Mustang's...this is at my local dealer right now.  I WANT IT!!!!  I don't have $77,000 though.

20200324_093402[1].jpg

20200324_093351[1].jpg

20200324_093446[1].jpg

20200324_093457[1].jpg

20200324_093502[1].jpg

20200324_093412[1].jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 94 olds vert said:

The mirrors should not be on the doors. That is why I was looking into a Ram power wagon. 

Totally agree.  So now where the mirrors SHOULD be mounted, there is an ugly black piece of triangular plastic.  Stupid!  I think GM was trying to copy Ford a little bit there.  I like how my Super has the beltline dropped down into that corner thru the shape of the door skin to create the same effect.

• Like 1

I consider a mustang before a Camaro now. 10 years ago. Never. The Challengers are hard to beat. $35k base model RT with 375hp. They are beasts.

I test drove a base model RT challenger back in early Feb. That thing pulls hard. I took it out to a country road and after the 4 way stop I stood on it and they are fast. 

My only problem, visibility sucks. That's a problem with all new cars. The ABC pillars are way too big. 

My old 06 silverado had great visibility. Why sacrifice that? 

Edited by 94 olds vert

I suppose from a personally selfish point of view I'd prefer that we keep our *home* just as it is. What models GM has to offer today to me pales in comparison to what it used to make available a lifetime ago. The technology has advanced, but the fewer choices that the buyer has to select from rubs me the wrong way.

GM killed off both the Olds & the Pontiac marque just because they were not marketed on a global scale. I've never forgiven the upper echelon for doing that. If that reasoning was to stand why didn't they drop either the Chev or GMC truck line?...why are 2 lines needed?....when was last time you saw or heard of full sized trucks being exported overseas to Europe or Asia? In my past visits to either Britain, Poland or Germany I've never seen a GM truck being marketed there at all.....and you won't, not given the lack of fuel economy they deliver that doesn't meet the needs over there.

The Pontiac brand was supposed to be the *sports* oriented division of the lot, so much for head office waving the *Excitement* banner.......the yearly Carlisle event (what used to be known as the GM Nationals) is now the Chevy Nationals, Chevrolet wouldn't sponsor the show unless the name was changed to Chevy.... another strike.....the show is now boycotted by many of the Pontiac & Olds owners for this reason,

for those who own or want to own a W-body, they know where we are & the doors are always open......

Nope, I like things just the way they are.....

With the new Ram being a sales success and the new Silverado/Sierra falling to the 3rd sales slot, and a new 2021 F150 coming out soon, GM just announced a new interior and exterior refresh.  More inline with the 21 Suburban/Yukon/Escalade styling.  I hope it's alot better!

A refresh only after 2 years in the car world is not common these days.  I think GM is realizing they made some major styling mistakes.

Edited by jiggity76
  • Like 1

I would think people are choosing the Sierra over the Silverado, I would.  I haven't seen alot of the Sierra's on the road though.  Nothing is being said about exterior styling changes on the Sierra ironically.  Just interior styling changes.

On the original topic, IF we were to add more cars, it should be from the same timeframe and had a 60 degree V6, since our expertise is 60 degree V6 GM FWD cars. However, the A bodies have their own active community, the Grand Am and the Beretta do too and those who have the other same platform cars can be found on those forums. Really, the only car without a community anymore is the V6 Cavalier and that's because no one has them anymore. Finding parts for them is a chore. The forum for those still exists but Photobucket made sure to ruin forums for everybody.

Yeah, we'll be okay. Maybe the Grand Am or the A body forum has more users but this community at least is tight knit.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm, GT350R.  I loved my Ecoboom, but decided to get out of it while it was still worth something.  Guess they still haven't fallen that much.  Oh, well, I like the Corvette better.  The interior was nicer in the Mustang, though, but now that I have cupholders, it doesn't bother me at all except the seats, but those are going as soon they can.

Anyway, I think everyone summed it up.  I think we're good here, lol.