How do I go about installing a aftermarket remote keyless entry system to just lock and unlock the doors on my 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE coupe?

Can I just wire it up to the power lock switch in the door?

12 hours ago, 95WhitePrix said:

How do I go about installing a aftermarket remote keyless entry system to just lock and unlock the doors on my 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE coupe?

Can I just wire it up to the power lock switch in the door?

Any chance your car already has remote keyless entry system and it's just not working? That was a pretty common option. The RPO code for keyless entry is AU0. All of your car's RPO codes are listed on a label on the spare tire cover.

If your car is already equipped with it, it's pretty easy to get it working again. 

3 minutes ago, MemphisMan said:

Any chance your car already has remote keyless entry system and it's just not working? That was a pretty common option. The RPO code for keyless entry is AU0. All of your car's RPO codes are listed on a label on the spare tire cover.

If your car is already equipped with it, it's pretty easy to get it working again. 

Never mind, I see in another thread that you already determined your didn't come with that option. 

• 2 weeks later...

does your car have the plug for the module? (not sure where your other thread is where you looked into it) 

Unfortunately I don't know what the trigger is to help with that question