95WhitePrix

there is also the possability that the flange on the downpipe is worn excessively and is part of the issue.

Chances are a spring rusted/broke on the spring bolts or the donut is worn out. Won't really know till you get in there.

Swivel sockets will be your best friend here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, White93z34 said:

there is also the possability that the flange on the downpipe is worn excessively and is part of the issue.

Chances are a spring rusted/broke on the spring bolts or the donut is worn out. Won't really know till you get in there.

Swivel sockets will be your best friend here.

After I found out that it had springs on that piece I had a feeling that that's probably where the leak was coming from and I tested it with soapy water and found it that it's definitely leaking there.

I got that gasket replaced and the engine is more quiet, but the main leak is still there.

I sprayed the EGR valve down with soapy water and the soap was bubbling up slot around the opening on it especially when I reved the engine, and it's the area the leak sounds like it could be coming from, could a loud exhaust leak come from the egr valve?

1 hour ago, 95WhitePrix said:

could a loud exhaust leak come from the egr valve?

Yes it can,

the bottom end of the corrugated tubing is flange mounted to the rear exhaust manifold, the top end is sandwiched between the egr valve & the upper plenum.The gaskets do wear out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found out what the exhaust leak was, the EGR tube bracket was rusted and broken in half, it also didn't even have a gasket on it, also the EGR valve was installed backwards.

IMG_20200523_174340074.jpg

Edited by 95WhitePrix
Mistake
  • Like 1