1999 Lumina 9C3 L67 swap thread...

Jim_rockford_007

• 4 weeks later...

Last thing I needed to do to fully complete the L67 swap and use everything the ECM had to offer. 

20210804_123407.jpg

Edited by Jim_rockford_007

• 3 weeks later...

Had to drive to Mt.Airy the other day , so I filled up before I left, and Filled up when I ot back, Straight road trip mileage, No real around town driving and got 32 mpg  LOL so Id say everything is running perfect, I get a pretty consistent 21 mpg around town driving. https://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet/lumina/1999/jimrockford/977363

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/27/2021 at 9:35 AM, Jim_rockford_007 said:

Well finally got around to changing the receiver drier and the high pressure service fitting and recharging the AC system, and while I was doing that I had to Tinker with the fans a little bit because one had a bad connection on the passenger side and the fuse was blown for fan 3 so once I replace the fuse and got the fans working for some reason I looked over at the radiator that I pulled out of the Grand Prix GTP and I looked at the fans and they look like they were a lot more efficient than the stock cooling fans on the Lumina because they had a lot more shrouded area. So I pulled the fan shroud off of the radiator and set out to installing it in the Lumina and sure enough I had to remove both dog bones and the one radiator support mount along with the airbox once I did that the fans dropped in like they were made for the Lumina and they work like a champ. AC works way better sitting at a stoplight now in traffic.

20210627_102831.jpg

20210627_102820.jpg

Yeah I swapped to 2002 gtp fans on my 97 Monte back in 2016. Was never fond of my stock fans plus the fans were free. Really cleaned up the bay. And I feel like I gained a bit of clearance (though I didn't measure so it could just be my imagination lol)

• Like 1

Well I'm sad to say that she has gone to her new home in New York City guy has another 9C3 but it's pretty clapped out being a new york car but hes gonna keep this one in storage and hes taking it to New Jersey this summer to have some  Company that does really good work undercoating  And hes keeping it in storage during the Winter months so I believe it's going to a good home. It was a fun car and nice project now I've picked up a 1996 Oldsmobile Aurora with a bad transmission so you know what's gonna happen the entire drive train is gonna come out and be refreshed.

Edited by Jim_rockford_007
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...