1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Remote keyless entry

95WhitePrix

Hi,

I have a 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE coupe and I am wanting to know if I can get a remote keyless entry module/transmitter from another Grand Prix that has it installed in add keyless entry to my Grand Prix? And if so, how can I do it?

Look in the trunk next to where the antenna is. If it's prewired, there will be a purple wire hanging down. At least I'm pretty sure the late first gens retained the same RKE system.

If not, yeah, you could get the parts from a junkyard car and wire it in.

• Like 1

I've done this on a 95 GP actually. Its pretty easy to wire in but you have to rip into the donor car's wire harness pretty good to pluck out the required wires and chase them all the way back to their termination points and then do the same to your car to wire it in.

TBH if you don't have the option, (do check as DigitalOutsider said) its WAY easier to just do an aftermarket solution.

• Like 1

If I knew exactly what wires to hook into I would like to add a aftermarket one, but I don't want to mess up all of my wiring if I do it wrong, I was hoping it would somehow be easier to use the module off another Grand Prix but since that's worse, that is out of the question now.

On 1/16/2020 at 2:29 PM, 95WhitePrix said:

If I knew exactly what wires to hook into I would like to add a aftermarket one, but I don't want to mess up all of my wiring if I do it wrong, I was hoping it would somehow be easier to use the module off another Grand Prix but since that's worse, that is out of the question now.

Did you check for the purple-wired connector like they suggested? Your car probably has factory RKE.

• Like 1

Guess you don't have it after all.  There generally isn't a lot involved in installing a basic keyless lock/unlock system. However, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, I can't imagine that an install shop would want much to do it.

• Like 1

It's going to depend on which keyless system you go with. They're all a little different. Some can actuate the locks directly with a built in relay, some can't.  Try to find the install guide for an aftermarket system and see if it's something you're willing to take on.