DIC 1995 Grand Prix

dardamar

I remember seeing years ago a small computer located on the upper drivers side dash in a 95 Grand prix.  What was this computer for again and could i install one in mine? Does anyone have one for sale and/or remember what they were called so I can search for them online.  

Thanks

They were DICs. Driver Information Centers. A 1995 grand prix will need one from a 1994 or 1995. One from 1996 will not work. 1996's are rare and you probably won't come across one of those. So it isn't too much of a worry. 

I agree too with 94oldsvert.  I have been getting some backlash though, guys saying that a 96 will work on the 94-95 cars and I'm not educated enough on how or why.  I wish I would have grabbed them now when I seen them in the yards over the years.  I didn't know better, rookie mistake.

1995 GTP with both HUD and DIC.  You can see them both in the second pic.

PhqphU[2].jpg

ci2K46[2].jpg

• Like 1

Extremely rare like what 94oldsvert is talking about, a 96 GP GT sedan.  Fully loaded with HUD, DIC, leather, factory CD, moonroof, and the LQ1.  Currently for sale on FB for only $500!  Non running of course.

79704081_2633853710043548_35203875664172
Edited by jiggity76
  • Like 1

So 1994 and 1995 Grand prixs are OBD 1.5. While a 1996 is OBD II. A 1996 DIC will NOT work in a 1994 or 1995 car. I don't care who told you that it just won't work.  I've only seen one 1996 DIC at the yard. I did save it. 

1 minute ago, jiggity76 said:

Extremely rare like what 94oldsvert is talking about, a 96 GP GT sedan.  Fully loaded with HUD, DIC, leather, factory CD, moonroof, and the LQ1.  Currently for sale on FB for only $500!  Non running of course.

79704081_2633853710043548_35203875664172

That's one hell of a car. If I could I'd be all over that. Swap it over to a b4u body kit, and change up the rims to something more modern. Exhaust, tune up the engine, and that car would be great. 

Just now, 94 olds vert said:

That's one hell of a car. If I could I'd be all over that. Swap it over to a b4u body kit, and change up the rims to something more modern. Exhaust, tune up the engine, and that car would be great. 

You ain't a kiddin!  If I didn't already have my 93 STE, I would have already bought this and brought it home.  It's not getting any real solid attention, probably will be scrapped.  God, I hope I'm wrong!

You ain't a kiddin!  If I didn't already have my 93 STE, I would have already bought this and brought it home.  It's not getting any real solid attention, probably will be scrapped.  God, I hope I'm wrong!

They get harder to find by the day. They get scrapped all the time. 

4 minutes ago, 94 olds vert said:

So 1994 and 1995 Grand prixs are OBD 1.5. While a 1996 is OBD II. A 1996 DIC will NOT work in a 1994 or 1995 car. I don't care who told you that it just won't work.  I've only seen one 1996 DIC at the yard. I did save it. 

Believe me, I know your right but I keep getting backlash about it so I just gave up.  I'll let those guys figure it out on their own, not worth getting into an argument with them.  Thanks man and nice you saved at least one of them!

• Like 1

Believe me, I know your right but I keep getting backlash about it so I just gave up.  I'll let those guys figure it out on their own, not worth getting into an argument with them.  Thanks man and nice you saved at least one of them!

Back in the day here, we used to beat people up for not knowing simple W-body facts. lol

It really has a gorgeous interior and is in the NC area so should be really solid underneath.  MemphisMan was thinking about getting it, contacted the seller but never really got a good response back from the him.  Really too bad.  MemphisMan would have given it an exceptionally good home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 94 olds vert said:

Back in the day here, we used to beat people up for not knowing simple W-body facts. lol

Why did you guys stop, LOL!  Do you think I should post this in the For Sale section or a place where it might get some attention?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jiggity76 said:

Why did you guys stop, LOL!  Do you think I should post this in the For Sale section or a place where it might get some attention?

The ban stick used to come out a lot more than it does now-a-days I would guess.  I guess that is why we stopped.  Post it anywhere you want. I'd just do whatever you think is best.

Edited by 94 olds vert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 10:41 AM, 95WhitePrix said:

Are all 1995 Grand Prixs supposed to have the plugs for the DIC? Because I couldn't find them in mine.

Not all of them are going to have the plug. Where did you look?

It mostly likely is behind the gauges or radio. Unless someone messed with it they could have moved it about. 

I looked behind the dash where people said they would be. I did see something about the Grand Prixs without abs didn't have them preinstalled and mine doesn't so that could be the reason.

IMG_20191102_150348168.jpg