What sensor for coolant?

W30olds

So my low coolant light keeps intermittently coming on lately. I have checked the level in the radiator and it’s full. Overflow tanks full.

Car doesn’t run hot and fans work correctly. I’m thinking the sensor has gone bad? Not sure where it’s located. It comes on for for a bit and then goes away. It’s not consistent either. It’s not the sensor for the temp on the dash. Is there some sort of coolant level sensor under the hood? This is on my 1995 GP with 3100 V6.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Lumina did that for awhile.  I think there's floaty crap in the coolant that somehow fools the sensor.  When it washes out, the sensor works properly again.

This is not proven, just a theory.  I had an intermittent light for six months or a year, and it magically healed.  I may have flushed the coolant in that time.  Or maybe the bulb burned out.

Pop the sensor out, run it under hot water, shake the fukk out of it,  and see what happens.

My Lumina did that for awhile.  I think there's floaty crap in the coolant that somehow fools the sensor.  When it washes out, the sensor works properly again.
This is not proven, just a theory.  I had an intermittent light for six months or a year, and it magically healed.  I may have flushed the coolant in that time.  Or maybe the bulb burned out.
Pop the sensor out, run it under hot water, shake the fukk out of it,  and see what happens.

Is this the sensor that’s on he radiator? I know there’s one in the thermostat housing for the gauge and I thought there was another on the passenger side of the radiator. Maybe I’m smoking crack again?? Lol. I don’t see one on the overflow bottle on my car. Thanks for the reply!

Every 1G I ever owned shit this sensor. I'd just unplug them.

Believe I’ll do that as well, or just ignore it. Freaked me out at first. Thought I had a dang coolant leak at first. May unplug the stupid thing. Thanks!

Those low coolant sensors can just go bad internally for no reason.    

I killed one by running GO5 for 3 years and corroded the little electrode that senses the coolant level.