Lumatic Rides Again!

lumatic

I'm back and ready to restore my Z-34, again!

I'm looking for advice on the following:

1.  Where to find hard to find parts.

2.  Interior restoration.  The Florida sun has destroyed mine again.

3.  Repair suggestions.

4. etc.

If anyone has any suggestions on where I can start, please let me know.

Lumatic

• Like 3

I've had really good luck with my local junk yards.  I also check Row52.com to search for anything that might be 3 hrs or less for me to travel and get stuff I need.  Craigslist is also a really good source for complete parts cars.  I found this 89 CS International coupe 3 hrs from me and it's currently proving to be extremely valuable for all the things I need to fix up my 91 CS International coupe.

If you can find a parts # book for the Z34, those are great too.  I have one for each of my cars and you can use them to find the part #'s you need.  I then call up my local GM dealer and they can use the part # to find NOS parts throughout the U.S. and Canada.  I've found a lot of rare NOS stuff that way. 

Getting back to the parts car, I only paid $300 bucks for it if I remember and I can't tell you how much time and money it has saved me trying to track stuff down.  Try to find one that's damaged or really rusty like mine is which makes them cheaper to buy and easier emotionally to part out.  Depending on where you live, you might have to travel a ways to find a parts car that wasn't subjected to interior Sun damage.  I'm in the Midwest so our car interiors don't suffer from that sort of thing.  Interior components that cannot be swapped over from a parts car can be restored depending on what you need done thru upholstery shops and such.  Some things like carpet and headliner material can still be found on the Internet.

Hope this helps and please post some pics!  We love the Z cars!

F3MxyM[2].jpg

h3aIn8[1].jpg

RNADXj[1].jpg

40 minutes ago, lumatic said:

Where can I find a PN book?  That would be helpful. 
It's amazing what a head turner this car is. I had it out today and got many looks and thumbs up. 

I found mine on Ebay for my Cutlass and Grand Prix.  I would check there.

They're nice looking cars, glad you are getting some notice.

33 minutes ago, lumatic said:

I'm new at this forum thing. How do I post pics?

If you are using your phone, I take pics and then just take them from my computer or phone files and download them to this Forum.  Don't worry, it took me awhile too but now I've got it down!

I'm not good with giving those kinds of directions, maybe someone here can word it better than me.

Awhile back the mods and owner mentioned NOT uploading to the website but hosting the images elsewhere and linking them here. If thats still a thing I found Imgur to be really easy to upload and link pics to forums, it gives you a link to just copy and paste directly to the text box of the forum.

Hey Jiggity, if you ever get the notion and time the forum would be ecstatic to have a PDF or Excel sheet made from that PN book, I`ve looked for one on and off over the years and never saw one.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, lumatic said:

I'm back and ready to restore my Z-34, again!

I'm looking for advice on the following:

1.  Where to find hard to find parts.

2.  Interior restoration.  The Florida sun has destroyed mine again.

3.  Repair suggestions.

4. etc.

If anyone has any suggestions on where I can start, please let me know.

Lumatic

Start a build thread and post everything related to your project to keep it all together. Theres also a Wanted: section in the forum for part requests and for sale items. Definitely post some pics when you can.

On 11/25/2019 at 4:07 PM, rich_e777 said:

Awhile back the mods and owner mentioned NOT uploading to the website but hosting the images elsewhere and linking them here. If thats still a thing I found Imgur to be really easy to upload and link pics to forums, it gives you a link to just copy and paste directly to the text box of the forum.

Hey Jiggity, if you ever get the notion and time the forum would be ecstatic to have a PDF or Excel sheet made from that PN book, I`ve looked for one on and off over the years and never saw one.

Hosting here is fine. We were telling people to stop using Photobucket since it's hot garbage. Imgur or here is A-OK.

49 minutes ago, digitaloutsider said:

Hosting here is fine. We were telling people to stop using Photobucket since it's hot garbage. Imgur or here is A-OK.

Yeah, I used Photobucket at first back when I came here but it's junk.  Imgur is way better.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, rich_e777 said:

I would absolutely be ok with doing that but I've never done it before so I will need some help please.  Anyway I can help get it done, I'm all for it, let's do it!  Just need to be instructed on how to do so.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, rich_e777 said:

I can at least post the book themselves and whatever information anyone needs until we figure out how to do the Excel or PDF thing.