AC vent issues

57lxi

95, CS convertible. Recent purchase. Has passenger side temp control. Electronic HVAC controls. Ran AC today. I get cold air out of passenger side vents. Hot air out of drivers side. Air blend door problem?

Actuator, or the door itself.  My door somehow was displaced from its mount, and I had to disassemble the entire airbox to access it sufficiently to reset it.   If you have to open it up as much as I did, replace the heater core.  

Edited by pitzel

Since the weather here in Austin can’t make up its mind, 40 degree mornings, 80 plus in the afternoons, I’m gonna tackle the inop driver side blend actuator. It’s blowing hot air constantly. Is it safe to assume blend actuators are the same for both sides? Gonna replace both since it probably just a matter of time before the passenger side takes a dump.

Go to rock auto and look it up your car, Heat & Air-conditioning, Heater Blend Door Actuator.

Edit: according to rock auto a 95 Cutlass Supreme with digital HVAC uses a different part # than a non digital actuator.

The passenger side actuator is easy to replace compared to the drivers side. If you were so inclined you could go to the salvage yard and snag a passengers side actuator.

Edited by ron350