Rear Support/Cross-Member/Sub-frame Bushings

DesertEagle50

Hi,

I have a rear end clunk on a 1998 Buick Century.  I figured in it was the rear strut mounts, but the clunk remains after installing rear quick struts.  I believe the clunk is originating from the point where the rear support/cross-member/ sub-frame is bolted to the unibody.  There is (or should be) rubber between the bolt and the sub-frame.

Does anyone have an idea about how to acquire these bushings?  Are they part of the bolt or the sub-frame?  I can't find them anywhere.  The only sub-frame bushings I can find are manufactured by Dorman, but the "rear" bushings seem to refer to the rear mounts of the front sub-frame--not the rear sub-frame.  The part number for the rear support/cross-member/sub-frame itself is 10419306 (see https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-suspension-cross-member-10419306).

I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who has ever needed to replace this rubber, but I cannot yield a fruitful search from Google.

Many thanks!

My sister had a Century but I didnt work on it much to be familiar with them. My 1995 Cutlass didnt have any rubber parts between the rear frame assembly and actual chassis of the car, just 4 big bolts. It sounds like you might have a bad rear control arm/lateral link bushing or an easier trailing arm bushing from what you describe. Also check the exhaust to see if its banging against something. Can you post a pic?

11 hours ago, rich_e777 said:

My sister had a Century but I didnt work on it much to be familiar with them. My 1995 Cutlass didnt have any rubber parts between the rear frame assembly and actual chassis of the car, just 4 big bolts. It sounds like you might have a bad rear control arm/lateral link bushing or an easier trailing arm bushing from what you describe. Also check the exhaust to see if its banging against something. Can you post a pic?

Yeah, I don't have any second gens around to check, but I didn't think any w-bodies attached the rear subframe with bushings. Either way, I'm betting you have a different issue, OP.