Electronic Variable Orifice Failure 1995 CSC

WillCut

Does anyone know where to get a replacement of this part? I hear its as rare as unicorn.

I think the part number is 26071775. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If I were to go to the junkyard what cars would have this same part?

Has anyone done the bypass and how does the car feel afterwards? How bad does it feel or is it ok?

Edited by WillCut

My model year does not make use of the *EVO*.....what has happened to yours?

Did the valve fail in in the full open position or the closed position?.....or is the valve full of debris & the PCM cannot move it....using an ohmmeter will allow one to test the coil inside the solenoid.

Bypassing it will only allow full assist to the steering all the time, the purpose of the valve is to decrease the assist at highway speeds to improve road feel.

Well the steering will behave just like any other vehicle (such as mine) that doesn't have the variable assist. At speed the steering will feel much lighter than what one feels with the lower assist option.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback. I was concerned on what it would feel like after I got it back from the shop. I told them to stop trying to source the sensor on top of the EVO and let it operate in full mode. I'll try to find that part at a later date but at least they got it to stop leaking. :)

Edited by WillCut

I had the same issue on a 1995 GTP I was working on. The EVO valve has been discontinued for at least 10 years. I found a complete used pump off of ebay and transplanted the parts I needed over to a reman pump, including the EVO. The system is working, but there is still some pump noise present. That's another issue, though.

Edited by 1995GTP

• 2 months later...