Possitive terminal touched body - how to diagnose what got short circuited?

jojeeka

I had this smart idea that i'd use the car battery to quickly test my radiator fans that weren't turning on when A/C was on so i connected wires to the battery (with the car turned off) and accidentally touched the positive to the body and now car won't start. 1995 CS convertible.  Any suggestions where to start diagnosing?

Edited by jojeeka

Weird. I’d think you’d get a lot of sparks and a very hot wire rather than electrical damage. Need more info though. My first thoughts are to check fuses. Check under hood and interior as well.  If it’s not that maybe you buggered the ecm or possibly the icm. Will the engine turn over? Does it try and fire?  Have you checked for spark? 

Sorry, false alarm.  So, i was working late on it.  I was tired.  I didn't have the battery connected properly.  Thought when i saw some sparks from a little earlier that it was from that.  After some sleep everything is okay right now.

If you want to delete this so not to waste peoples time in a search that'd be fine with me.  :)

Edited by jojeeka
  • Like 2