96 GTP blower motor location.

rezervedsteel

I literally can't find anything on this for pre 97 grand prix gtp. Anyone know where it is located? I want to test the motor and the resister and see if I can figure out which one is bad or if it's something else entirely. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1.  You want to D-I-Y repairs, you should invest in a service manual.  Often can be had on eBay for chump change.

2.  I would be under the dash on the passenger side of the car looking for the HVAC motor 'n' fan.  And in fact, I will be, as the HVAC fan on my '98 Monte only works on "High" speed, not 1--2--3.

I found the blower motor...it works on all settings after I pulled the fuse and put it back in...weird, just no air or heat comes from the vents. Maybe a very little at the dash even at full blast.

I will be investing in a service manual...there is absolutely NOTHING for these cars online that I've been able to find as far as this situation. Thanks

Took the blower motor out to test it. Works outside the car. Cleaned it because it was noisey while installed inside the car.
Planned on buying a multimeter to test the blend door actuator and the blower motor relay.

Went inside made lunch, decided I'd shove it back in the hole it came out of plug it in and turn the key forward to see if there was any change.

When I shoved the motor back in and held it up there while turning the key forward to see if I had air at the vents(which I do now) the fan on the motor was smacking something.

I pulled it back out and reached inside....the plot thickens! God damn VERMINE!a7a497b0b2ec0f3a81048474c9a0b826.jpg