1994 - 3.4L - Air Conditoning AC (not working)

Mstg007

I think I might of had this topic somewhere else. I'm sorry if I did.

The AC in the car is just blowing very cool warmish air. I have read other places that if its hot, refrigerant would need to be filled.

I went ahead and bought ACPRO with the Meter on it. Seems like the system is green and has plenty of juice.

It looks like the compressor is working. Both Fans in front of the radiator are working normally.

The only thing I can not seem to find is the evaporator. I would think if that is not the problem, I would have a leak of some sorts somewhere.

I saw another product by ACPRO called Super Seal. I was wondering would it hurt trying to use this to help or would it ruin the system?

And I am guessing if I have to take it to a shop its going to cost a lot of $$$.

Thanks for any help and advice. (PS the car is not a daily driver)

untitled.png

IMG_1169.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have another question if you guys don't mind. Is it normal for the fluid to go from around 40 to 30 psi when revving up the engine from the throttle? Do I need to place more refrigerant in the system?

IMG_1398.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

I load up as much refrigerant as I can at the beginning of summer to hit the high 40psi.  I haven't revved the engine while measuring the psi in the system.

Funny you should mention this. I went to get more refrigerant and I did put it up to around 40 PSI. Problem now, is its still blowing warmish air.

From putting all that in, I let it run for awhile and did not notice any leaks. So its still in the system, but don't quite know whats causing it not to blow. I think I have to check my radiator next, maybe wash it off with a house. The Fans both work in front of the radiator. When the I turn on and off the AC, it definitely working because you can hear the engine rev change alittle. I have no idea what else to look for lol.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bring this back up. I took my vert to the mechanic today. He told me the secondary fan only works when the engine hits 215 and above. He said this does not have any effect on why the car is not blowing out cold air in the cabin. 

he did mention the possibility of the vent system inside the cabin might be the issue. Not sure. Thanks for any help.

8 hours ago, Mstg007 said:

Sorry to bring this back up. I took my vert to the mechanic today. He told me the secondary fan only works when the engine hits 215 and above. He said this does not have any effect on why the car is not blowing out cold air in the cabin. 

he did mention the possibility of the vent system inside the cabin might be the issue. Not sure. Thanks for any help.

'94's have digital climate control, right?  Maybe check the blend door actuators.  If they are inop, would lead to the inability to change the temp on the system.

When I was trying to fix my '95's DCC, there were multiple posts/threads about broken blend door actuators in the system.  

Edited by 06goat75

I’ll have to check that out. Are those hard to replace? I did not know if there was a certain setting or not they have to be installed too.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new actuator for the blend door. I so talked it and noticed nothing changed with the air when I set it from 60 to 90 degrees. I hear the system adjust but nothing from the feel of the air. 
I then unhooked the actuator from the door and left it hanging with the power intact. I did the same process as before, but noticed the the actuator is not turning one way or the other. Just stayed in the middle. 
i then unplugged it from the car. I hooked a 9volt up and it does move.

any idea what I need to do next? Is there a fuse I need to test (if so where and how). Thank you again... so close! I’m tempted to leave it off so I can get cold air for the summer.

18 hours ago, Mstg007 said:

I bought a new actuator for the blend door. I so talked it and noticed nothing changed with the air when I set it from 60 to 90 degrees. I hear the system adjust but nothing from the feel of the air. 
I then unhooked the actuator from the door and left it hanging with the power intact. I did the same process as before, but noticed the the actuator is not turning one way or the other. Just stayed in the middle. 
i then unplugged it from the car. I hooked a 9volt up and it does move.

any idea what I need to do next? Is there a fuse I need to test (if so where and how). Thank you again... so close! I’m tempted to leave it off so I can get cold air for the summer.

Hmm, well, if the actuator is moving , then it seems like it isn't getting the right signal to work.  

It has been a few months since I worked on mine (and it is a '95).  On the '95's, the DCC is basically ran by vacuum lines under the dash.  I believe the DCC tells the vacuum actuator solenoid where to apply vacuum, to run the various airflow doors, rec air, ect.  I honestly don't remember if the temp is ran by the vacuum lines too, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.  The main vacuum line for the HVAC controls runs under the battery, to that ball thingy under the drivers side front fender (assuming same as the '95).  Might be worth checking the vacuum lines too, then verifying the main actuator (under the passenger side dash, below glove box) is working.  Pull the main line to the box and see if it has vacuum, then run each one individually to see if they are pulling the vacuum.