Aftermarket GM-fit receivers in '88-96 GP's?

Brodizzle83

I bought a GM Alpine receiver at a swap meet today and I'm wondering if these will work and my 96 Grand Prix or if it's going to be too deep?9e190da91d9f8e4366a669d52be4d2ff.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Should fit fine, it was one made for GM/Chrysler openings.

I think I have one in the garage somewhere still in the box that Mike Massey gave me, not sure if it works though.

Edited by ManicMechanic

Yep.. I have one of those sitting in my garage, just in case I ever get an older GM/Mopar. The fill the hole perfectly, and allow for options that you didnt have before. The only issue comes in for the RSC, have to get an adapter for those to work.

Yep.. I have one of those sitting in my garage, just in case I ever get an older GM/Mopar. The fill the hole perfectly, and allow for options that you didnt have before. The only issue comes in for the RSC, have to get an adapter for those to work.
You've had it in an older GP before? The fit for those dashes are different than other W-bodies. And what's an RSC?

I had it in my 89 Pontiac 6000 STE AWD, and my 90 Pontiac TGP, and my 95 Chevy Silverado, and my 88 Pontiac Grand Am, 89 Buick Somerset T-Type, and a few others...

RSC I believe is the acronym for Steering Wheel Controls. But I could be wrong.

I had it in my 89 Pontiac 6000 STE AWD, and my 90 Pontiac TGP, and my 95 Chevy Silverado, and my 88 Pontiac Grand Am, 89 Buick Somerset T-Type, and a few others...

lol RSC is not for The acronym for steering wheel controls, though you’re right. I think it’s remote stereo control... or similar.

Okay, if it went into your TGP, it should fit any '88-96 GP.

39 minutes ago, Brodizzle83 said:

Okay, if it went into your TGP, it should fit any '88-96 GP.

Yep. All you have to do is take the mounting hardware off your stock/OE radio, and put it on the matching space on the aftermarket radio, install wiring, and install. Your done. Love those 1.5 dins.