Recovering Seats

5speedTGP

Has anyone had their seats recovered? Was it outrageously expensive? My driver's seat has a rip in the leather, and I haven't had much luck finding a good replacement. Plus, I prefer the cloth seats. I found a set of rear cloth seats a while back for cheap, so I got them. I've now found a set of cloth fronts, but at least some, if not all, of the driver's seat needs recovered. I just don't want to buy them if it's going to.cost me what the car is worth to get them recovered

Save your money and take them to an upholstery shop that does classic cars on the regular.  I`m having some stuff done before the year is up.

By save my money, are you saying it will be costly? Or I should just have the ones I currently have recovered? I have some other car friends that highly recommend a local upholstery place, and I know of at least one other. I just have never had this kind of work done. 

Someone posted about getting their seats recovered several years back. I seem to think they paid $500 or a little over that per front seat recovered in leather. Maybe someone else can remember who it was and link you to that thread. I tried to briefly search for it, but came up empty handed.

I searched before I posted, but I only found a vague reference to someone getting a $1500 quote. I pulled the trigger on the cloth ones, they were $200 delivered and I'll see what the upholstery guy says. If it's not outrageous, I'll get them fixed up and sell my leather interior to recoup some of the cost. 

Dont buy anything until you`ve talked to a shop or is what I meant, they should provide the material and might can get it cheaper

• 1 month later...

Going rate for recover , most cars I’ve done or k own if were anywheres around 800-1000 for front and backs.  

I have had portions fixed , like a side or so. Then it’s about 150-200 seat, depending on how much.  

I had two. Sets, one cloth and one leather... mixed inside with cloth and leather.  That was $200-250 a seat.. I think 

i look for good seats in junk yard, pay 50$ a seat and then swap over .. but then when I find seats and peeps aren’t willing to pay $60 a seat for someone to pull them, I see bunch of “meme” fish that run away when I ask for cash.. lol

Edited by pshojo